Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

looking for a Transmitter

Old 05-02-2021, 06:10 PM
goku6574

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a Transmitter

Looking for a transmitter suggestion looking at the NX-8 or the NX-10 form spektrum have the issues been worked out? if this is not a good radio what others looking into flying helicopters, planes, and maybe a drone like the idea about the BNF planes being in the memory of the NX series. any information about this matter would help. i have been out of the hobby for about 10 years and don't have my radio anymore.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You will be bombarded with Spektrum suggestions but I suggest you spend some time researching the major brands. All have their strengths and weaknesses. If possible visit hobby shops or flying sites to touch and feel what is available and try to touch all brands you can access. Many fellows have purchased the latest wizbang only to find it's ergonomics or operations don't work for them.

Budget should be taken into account plus type of flying you plan to do. Many will suggest purchasing the highest level of system so you can grow into it with future flying machines. Not a bad suggestion if you have some idea of future plans but budget may limit things for now.

Since you are returning to the hobby look to major brands (Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Graupner) that have been around for some time rather than the off shore cheap systems that offer a lot of bells and whistles but spotty reliability. I am a long time radio nut so have tried almost every brand out there including the off brands. Major brands all work well and have service centers available. Off brands range from pretty good to plain junk.

Programming transmitters is a learning experience, some are easy, some not. Some features are very handy but too many can confuse the learning curve and you may never use them anyway. If you plan to go outside of the BNF models, learning the programming is a must.

Take some time before deciding. Good systems aren't cheap so don't rush into making a purchase that you may regret.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:20 AM
goku6574

thank you for the info i went to hobbytown and got the NX8 today main reason i was looking at the nx10 was the battery i will be doing flying outside BNF and the 8 channel will suffice. they did have the ix12 battery which does fit the nx8
Old 05-07-2021, 12:31 AM
Markeee

Default suggestion

You may also check on OKmarts, they offered a wide range of transmitter products.