Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum NX8 Log in problem, confusion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 06:51 AM
prangled prop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum NX8 Log in problem, confusion?

I recently purchased a new NX8 and am confused. I down updated the firm ware thru my computer and sd card, went ok. I can connect to my internet wifi ok. S here is where the confusion/problem starts. At WiFi Utilities I connect to network "thumb Twiddles and connects (blue connection light on right of screen illuminates). hit the continue button goes to next menu. scroll down to log in, screen flashes and returns to menu, scroll and hit Register screen flashes and returns to menu, scrolls down to Deregister, I dare not hit that button. scrolling down it jumps over "Check for Updates" and "log Out" -will not highlight these two- and highlights "Erase Credentials" I know the user name and password are entered correctly for Spektrumrc.com site. Am I doing something wrong or what?
Old 05-20-2021, 05:47 PM
justplanemike

Hello, Have you had any luck ? I have the same issue with my NX8
Old 05-21-2021, 01:17 AM
paulgerrard71

Also having similar issues with NX8, have Spektrum account, Radio is registered on site, Will connect to wifi but unable to login on radio (password etc all correct) . Have tried updating software via USB as I cannt access wifi updates (transmitter already had latest version installed), this has updated but made no difference to login or wifi access issues. Any more ideas appreciated
Old 05-21-2021, 06:08 AM
Chris32787

Originally Posted by paulgerrard71
Also having similar issues with NX8, have Spektrum account, Radio is registered on site, Will connect to wifi but unable to login on radio (password etc all correct) . Have tried updating software via USB as I cannt access wifi updates (transmitter already had latest version installed), this has updated but made no difference to login or wifi access issues. Any more ideas appreciated
Hi, I have the same issues, I spoke to John at Logic rc who contacted Spektrum in the USA, its a fault there end and there engineers are working to resolve the issue. No time line as to when that will be mind.
hope this helps
Chris
Old 05-27-2021, 08:02 AM
prangled prop

just got an email back from Product Support no real help or comments on what's going on with the problem. will copy what they sent me about registering and updating NX8. maybe be helpful to some, but does not address the problem
Cliff

Hello,

Here is an alternative way to register and update the radio.

Step 1: Registering the Radio
  • Customer needs to create and or log into his spektrumrc.com account
  • Customer needs to then click on Product Registration in his My Spektrum
  • Have the customer start filling out the registration form, once a radio is selected we can input the serial number
  • At this point have him turn his radio on, navigate to System setup > USB Settings
  • Connect the USB to the PC and the micro USB connector to the back of the radio
  • In the USB settings menu then click on Access Internal Storage
  • This will take him to a Mass Storage screen, the customer must not leave this screen until registration and update file transfer has been completed or he will not be giving his computer permissions to access the internal storage
  • Have him now go back to the registration form and click on “select” underneath the heading “UPLOAD SERIAL NUMBER FROM XML FILE”
  • This will open a search window on his computer, and he would navigate to “This PC” can be different depending on what windows operating system they are on. On Windows 10 it’s called This PC
  • In This PC, under devices and drives he should find a USB option. Double click on it
  • This gives him access to the internal storage of the NX radio. He should see a file listed as “My_NX6” for example. This is the XML file that contains his serial number. Double click on it
  • This will now upload the serial number xml file into the box next to select on the registration page
  • Have them click on the “upload from XML file” option below it. The page will refresh with the serial number now listed in the serial number section of the form
  • Complete the form with the proper caption code entered to complete registration.

Step 2: Updating the Radio
  • In the “My Spektrum” / “My Products” list you will find your registered radio
  • Click on “Download Update” to the far right of that radio
  • Click on the download option once for only the latest version of firmware
  • Go to “File Explorer” on your PC, can be found in most task bars with the image of a folder or though the windows search engine by typing in “File Explorer”
  • Go to your computes “Downloads” folder
  • Find the SPMTX.SAX update file you just downloaded and right click on it to then choose copy
  • Click on “This PC”
  • In the devices and drives section double click on “USB drive”
  • In a blank area underneath all the folders and files in the radios internal storage right click and paste the update file into the internal storage. It will start giving them a loading file. Once completely loaded go back to the radio.
  • Have them hit the back arrow button to the left of their screen to exit mass storage and get back to the radios home screen.
  • Disconnect the cable
  • Power down the radio completely
  • Power the radio back on again and it will start loading and flashing between a blue and then orange progress bar. This is the update happening. This will take a few minutes. Once done it would load the radio to the home screen and they are all done.

Michael

Horizon Hobby
Product Support Rep.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:39 PM
rigob

Michael:How do I recover the serial number of my NX10, if I do not have it registered on the web and the radio does not turn on, the Spektrum logo only flashes!
Thank you
Old 04-26-2022, 04:00 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

For those of you coming along in the future ...

Rigob found the solution on RCG. He needed to open the radio and remove the internal SD card, where he found the serial number in the My_NX10.XML file.

Andy
Old 06-22-2022, 02:08 PM
[email protected]

I have the same problem with logging in and updating my Nx8 using WiFi. Unfortunately when I hit the log in button my radio just shuts off. I really like this radio, but every time I set up a new model, edit an existing one some menus aren’t avail, menu’s don’t line up and the list goes on and on. I have registered, updated and now I’m wanting to bind my SAB
Kraken 700 utilizing the Fc6250HX receiver and I am really hesitant considering having $4000 into this model. I just wonder if HH and Spektrum plan on creating an update to deal with these issues. I’ve been with Spektrum day one of getting into the hobby but I sure hope they can get this quality issue under control. VBAR is starting to look pretty good.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:26 AM
AndyKunz

Install the update to 3.06 (March) using the normal web interface. When you go back to the WiFi stuff, Erase Credentials and log in again.

On the Spektrum radios, menus are hidden if the function is not available. For example, you won't see the Flap System menu if you don't have a wing type that supports flaps. You won't see the Differential menus (there are several) if you don't have a wing or tail type where it can be used. You won't see Forward Programming if your receiver is turned off or doesn't support telemetry.

Screens are lined up based on the colon that separates the prompt from the input sections. Since we use a proportional font, this will make Aux1 and Aux2, for instance, have different position for the left side of the prompt, but the colons are properly aligned. That is according to UI design rules.

If you have a list that goes "on and on" then I'd really appreciate it if you shared it with me. There are improvements coming all the time. I can't fix them if I don't know what the problem is!

Thanks.

Andy

Old 06-23-2022, 02:30 PM
[email protected]

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Install the update to 3.06 (March) using the normal web interface. When you go back to the WiFi stuff, Erase Credentials and log in again.

On the Spektrum radios, menus are hidden if the function is not available. For example, you won't see the Flap System menu if you don't have a wing type that supports flaps. You won't see the Differential menus (there are several) if you don't have a wing or tail type where it can be used. You won't see Forward Programming if your receiver is turned off or doesn't support telemetry.

Screens are lined up based on the colon that separates the prompt from the input sections. Since we use a proportional font, this will make Aux1 and Aux2, for instance, have different position for the left side of the prompt, but the colons are properly aligned. That is according to UI design rules.

If you have a list that goes "on and on" then I'd really appreciate it if you shared it with me. There are improvements coming all the time. I can't fix them if I don't know what the problem is!

Thanks.

Andy
Andy

Thank you for your input, I have sent one menu issue not aligning correctly, and was told that updates were coming to remedy the issues. Some issues have been rectified, but others still exist. I will put together a list of issues I have and get them to you. I agree things can’t be fixed unless you know about them. The issue with my radio shutting down when trying to log in via Wi-Fi is my biggest issue and have had it since day 1. I have reported that issue as well. I will follow your instructions and see what happens, my radio has the current 3.06 update, and I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:34 PM
AndyKunz

A little confusing, but there are TWO versions of 3.06. Unless you downloaded since April 1, you don't have the latest version. There was a change to an internal file that corrects many of the WiFi issues.

One thing that complicates matters is that if you logged in with an old version, updated, and didn't erase your credentials, then it will be very unreliable on behavior. Also, if you use the auto-login feature it makes it more of a nuisance because it tries to do things that are going to fail.

I suggest you erase credentials (3.07 will make that easier to do), turn off the auto login feature, and then try again. But most important is having 3.06 with the March date installed.

I look forward to getting your list of items.

Andy
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 03:50 PM
[email protected]

Andy
I did as you suggested, I erased my credentials and reentered my info, and low and behold I was logged on for the first time. I did go ahead and reinstall 3.06. After completing the update I shut down my radio let it set for 5 min
and then tried to logon again. This time I was unable to get through obtaining IP address. So I shut it down again let it set then tried again and I was able to log on again. Awesome! As I go through my radio as I stated I will put together a list of items I have concerns about.
Thank you for the help. I really like Spektrum and the product line you all have, I have over 13 helis, 10 drones a convergence vtol, and a truck. All of my equipment excluding the truck and one drone have Spektrum receivers, servos, etc etc. Not to mention 4 Spektrum radios. And I’ve been with Spektrum since 2008 so my apologies for the frustrations, thank you for your knowledge and support.

Best Regards