Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Recommended hobbyist servos for a Stewart Platform

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Recommended hobbyist servos for a Stewart Platform

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 08:37 AM
Thunderdart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommended hobbyist servos for a Stewart Platform

Hi guys, as stated in the title I am trying to build a Stewart Platform using hobbyist servos and an Arduino.
I have searched around for hobbyist servos although I am unsure which brands to trust and wondered if you kind people could recommend some reliable servo brands that you have used over the years.

In terms of servos I am looking for a standard size servo with a good degree of accuracy. (This is especially important as I know some of the cheaper hobbyist servos don't fully return back to the default position after a movement which could cause problems in a Stewart Platform).
I am also looking for a servo with a somewhat high torque to be able to support a maximum weight of 1kg on the Stewart Platform. Speed is not too essential as long as the platform can have a smooth transmission without stuttering movements.
In terms of cost I was thinking of around £10 per servo (around $14) as I will need 12 total servos, 6 servos for the Stewart Platform and 6 other servos for the other moving parts in the project.
I was originally looking at the Parallax Standard Servo but unfortunately they are out of stock in most places.

Any help or suggestions of brands would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

P.S. I know this project is not related to RC cars or racing, just needed help from a community with such knowledge and expertise in servos.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:59 PM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Budget
eenie meenie miney mo, Chinese servo.

Hi position
Japanese make digital servo. Futaba

Hitec digital servo is good too.

Last edited by cheapsub; 06-22-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:11 AM
fanman61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo

Ive tryed alot of servos cheap to spendy.Ive come across a servo that is in all my warbirds and giant scale edf jets Tower pro mg 958.12kg torque. They are a very good servo all metal gear servo that ive had no problems with in 5 yrs.They cost around 10 00 and worth every penny.Never had problems with centering or burning out.I continue to use these servos as they are all I trust. Value hobby in Illinois sells them on line. Do not buy these anywhere else as you will find that they are most likely clones. Best way is to buy one take it apart and take a look at it the pots are great nice not the lightest Servo but where I put my money in my Jets.