Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

18 SZ anniversary

Old 07-13-2021, 06:17 PM
  #1  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 18 SZ anniversary

I canít believe Futaba put them out and sold less than 300 and discontinued them. What a crock. Have been flying Futaba for 45 plus years. Really wanted that.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:22 PM
  #2  
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)
 
Zeeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St George, Utah UT
Posts: 5,375
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
I can’t believe Futaba put them out and sold less than 300 and discontinued them. What a crock. Have been flying Futaba for 45 plus years. Really wanted that.
Get over it, you had your chance and waited looking for a price reduction..... Futaba is not a hobby RC product company, that is merely a sideline for them. bi*ching about their business practices will get you nowhere.....

Oh, bye the way, it's a really nifty tx......

Last edited by Zeeb; 07-13-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:18 AM
  #3  
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)
 
RCFlyerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,849
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
I canít believe Futaba put them out and sold less than 300 and discontinued them. What a crock. Have been flying Futaba for 45 plus years. Really wanted that.
I have a regular T18SZ for sale. I saw nothing special with the "Anniversary T18SZ" when I purchased mine. I bought new and only owned for a year. Since it was during COVID, I didn't fly it but about 25 times. I also have receivers too.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mar...6#post12685725


Old 07-14-2021, 05:30 AM
  #4  
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)
 
RCFlyerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,849
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan View Post
I have a regular T18SZ for sale. I saw nothing special with the "Anniversary T18SZ" when I purchased mine. I bought new and only owned for a year. Since it was during COVID, I didn't fly it but about 25 times. I also have receivers too.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mar...6#post12685725
Here is my complete package for sale:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11691585








Old 07-14-2021, 09:00 AM
  #5  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Get over it, you had your chance and waited looking for a price reduction..... Futaba is not a hobby RC product company, that is merely a sideline for them. bi*ching about their business practices will get you nowhere.....

Oh, bye the way, it's a really nifty tx......

your arrogance is appreciated knowing nothing about it. I never saw or looked at it till just recently because I wasnít in the market for a new one. Always appreciate lack of anything constructive in a comment.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:01 AM
  #6  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan View Post
Here is my complete package for sale:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11691585
thank you very much. Will look at it. Been researching whatís out there. Been using my old one for many years but have the need to use S Bus on a new helicopter. Gotta learn a whole new way of doing it.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:10 PM
  #7  
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)
 
Zeeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St George, Utah UT
Posts: 5,375
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
thank you very much. Will look at it. Been researching whatís out there. Been using my old one for many years but have the need to use S Bus on a new helicopter. Gotta learn a whole new way of doing it.
What he's selling is not an Anniversary Edition if that's what you really want? It has better gimbals than the standard radio and comes with a really nice case as well as other differences;

https://futabausa.com/product/18sz-70th-anniversary/
Old 07-14-2021, 01:40 PM
  #8  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
What he's selling is not an Anniversary Edition if that's what you really want? It has better gimbals than the standard radio and comes with a really nice case as well as other differences;

https://futabausa.com/product/18sz-70th-anniversary/
thanks. I get that. Will look because I have yet to find the anniversary. I like the idea of aluminum gimbals but that and an aluminum case doesnít really justify the cost difference. Would still jump on a Heli version if I find it because I just like the idea of aluminum over plastic gimbals.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:04 PM
  #9  
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)
 
Zeeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St George, Utah UT
Posts: 5,375
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
thanks. I get that. Will look because I have yet to find the anniversary. I like the idea of aluminum gimbals but that and an aluminum case doesnít really justify the cost difference. Would still jump on a Heli version if I find it because I just like the idea of aluminum over plastic gimbals.
Okay, I give up trying to help you obtain your professed version of the radio, Sorry I tried to help save you from yourself.....
Old 07-15-2021, 10:16 AM
  #10  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Okay, I give up trying to help you obtain your professed version of the radio, Sorry I tried to help save you from yourself.....
sorry, donít meant to sound that way, but talking down to someone who has been flying longer than you have probably been alive was a huge put off. I usually donít snap back but that hit me wrong.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:32 PM
  #11  
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)
 
Zeeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St George, Utah UT
Posts: 5,375
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
sorry, donít meant to sound that way, but talking down to someone who has been flying longer than you have probably been alive was a huge put off. I usually donít snap back but that hit me wrong.
I've seen Anniversary Editions pop up occasionally but never here. You need to keep an eye on RC Groups and check early in the day and often, they do not stick around long.
The following users liked this post:
FLYBOY (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 06:59 PM
  #12  
FLYBOY
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
 
FLYBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 9,057
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Thanks. Keeping my eyes open.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:58 PM
  #13  
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)
 
Ron S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,087
Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts
Default

Flyboy, we can wait till the 75th anniversary comes up... I would have considered one also... I just didn't know they had been available for a period of time.
I have a regular 18SZ, but have been pretty happy with it. I've flown with Futaba since 1978. But will change if I deem it necessary for my needs.
The following users liked this post:
FLYBOY (07-16-2021)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.