Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which servos to use on Pica 1/6 P-40

Old 12-03-2021, 04:49 PM
willits18
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which servos to use on Pica 1/6 P-40

I have taken a 10 year "vacation" from the hobby to tend to more important needs. I am working on a Pica 1/6 P-40 that I bought just before my "vacation" The wings were partially framed up by the previous owner and that's about it. I am looking at the plans and the instruction book and it doesn't give any hints as to the servos to be used. I have a bunch of old Airtronics and Futabas but want to put a new 2.4 in this one. Do the servos have to be digital or will analogs work? Also, I am going to use all metal gears and found several in the 30-$40 range. I want to use Hitecs as I do have many Y's and extensions for these. There is only $5 difference between the Hitec 645MG (analog) and the 625MW . The Digitals can handle larger battery packs as well. I don't think that this plane is big enough to need large scale servos and the fact that each aileron and each flap will have their own servo, and they are all in the 80-100 oz-in torque range, leads me to believe that these will be very good choices. Anyone else build this plane and have with these-either the plane or the servos or both! I also started a build thread, but thought a servo question would be better answered here. LEt me know what you think. Thanks, Tracy.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:30 AM
willits18
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec servos ordered

I ordered the Hitec D645MW servos
Old 12-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Better choice for the slight cost difference, speed and holding power. Hitec servos are very dependable and affordable.