Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

RADIOMASTER TX16S - re-activating a HK Corsair model7.bin + Or deleted model

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RADIOMASTER TX16S - re-activating a HK Corsair model7.bin + Or deleted model

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 12:55 PM
AtoMick u235

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIOMASTER TX16S - re-activating a HK Corsair model7.bin + Or deleted model

Ive had my TX16s for two days and have managed to setup a working Spektrum DSMX TAER profile from scratch, but need to setup three rates AER and a duel rate ORX for my hobbyking Hawker Tempest, i have a model7.bin file from Stuart to setup the similar corsair, but it is no good on its own

i copied the model7.bin to the MODELS folder, but can't see and select it in MODEL SELECT, its behaving like a deleted model that stays in the MODELS folder as modelxx.bin, , , Arghhhh !!, , i think i also need the missing setup for RADIO\Radio.bin and models.txt that refer to that specific model7.bin, , ,i tried adding model7.bin to models.txt like this "[Models]model6.binmodel7.binmodel8.bin" but got an (Invalid Model), , , , is it possible to do it in OpenTX Companion ?

Any suggestions ?

Mick, , ,

Last edited by AtoMick u235; 01-03-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:01 PM
skyrydr2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check on YouTube for this, there are a bunch of good knowledgeable folks there.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do will work. You may need to do it manually. And make sure you turn off your rssi warnings on dsm or it will drive you nuts. Dsm has a low number like 50 for its peak and D8 D16 FrSky based stuff is 100 plus. Make sure if you use a D8 or D16 based reciever that you do the tuning or you may stuff your aircraft into the ground.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:57 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Here's on link that describes it. For this the Horus is the same as the Radiomaster. https://www.justfly.solutions/index....-model-backups
I have not tested it. There may be other bits and pieces (screen layouts, links to images, etc.) that may need to also be hand corrected after doing this, so check everything.
OpenTX is in a halfway state with all this - a partial transition to storing things on the SD card rather than the eeprom (like the Taranis family does). The guys working on the Edge branch are working on a whole new way to store completely on the card, but that is not fully there yet either.