Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

covert a 40MHZ System to 2.4GHZ

Old 01-14-2022, 09:52 AM
OldCrawler

Location: Hinckley Leicestershire, Moved here 18 months ago from Portsmouth.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covert a 40MHZ System to 2.4GHZ

I don't know what is happening with my post's they (2) have just disappeared.
I'm looking for some advice/tips on changing my Grand son's rock crawler from 40MHZ to a 2.4GHZ system .
It is a 1/6th Scale Jeep Wrangler from New Bright which his father bought some years ago.
It has one lead to the back wheels (power) and one lead to the front wheels (power)but it also has the same 2 wire for steering and also a 3 wire lead to steering.
I've checked all the motors and they work ok but it all comes off of a printed circuit board. so I don't know what the other 3 wire lead is doing.
could I buy a cheap 2.4GHZ car and transfer the electronics to his car, would it work ?
This is of great sentimental value to him as his father was helping him convert it to look military.
His father is no longer with us so I said I would try and help him
If I add attachments it deletes my post, I have a film on utube and can supply a load of photo's to show what it is like
Old 01-14-2022, 10:42 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

yeah, 10 post threshold before ya can add attachments/pix.

make 8 more BS posts in a few forum areas, then post the info ya want us to see.