Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can't get retractable gear to work with TTX650

Old 01-31-2022, 02:57 PM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get retractable gear to work with TTX650

Hi, I am an 83 year old RC pilot with limited experience. About 7 years ago a friend gave me a nearly new Tactic TTX650 transmitter and a flyable Critical Mass foam plane that I haven’t flown yet. I have used the TX on a couple of my planes but using only 4 channels and no switches. I have a problem programming retractable landing gear and I have read and tried everything in the manual. I am pretty sure that the retractable landing gear worked on the plane when I got it. Now, the gear is down and I can’t make it move. I have programmed switch A for channel 5 (as the connectors are labeled) for the gear, and switch D for the speed brakes (flaps). The speed brakes work, but the gear does not. I have used three different Y connectors, plugged just one connector into the RX, and used two different TR624 receivers. I have connected a 11.1 v lipo battery to an ESC, and the ESC to the receiver channel 3. The speed flaps are on channel 6 and the gear on channel 5. I know this is may not be enough info, so if you need specifics, please ask. I want to fly this plane, which I can do with the gear down, but I would really like to see the gear retract while flying. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:27 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

just as a check, plug the speed brakes in to ch 5 and the retracts into ch 6, and verify that the retracts do work and the the tx is sending a signal to ch 5
Old 01-31-2022, 07:20 PM
cracker39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure Idid that, but I tried again. When the speed brakes are plugged into 5 and 6 they work. When the retracts are plugged into 5 and 6 they do not work. I find it hard to believe that both retracts would fail with no useage. This has me stumped. Tomorrow I will look for my servo tester and use it to see if the retracts will work.