Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question about Futaba s3305 servos

Old 03-06-2022, 07:04 PM
aerospaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Futaba s3305 servos

Hello all, I have some nib Futaba s3305 servos that I'd like to use. Is a 6v 2000mah NiMh battery going to give them enough current? They are going into a Classic pattern plane.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:11 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Should be fine. Although a lot of people are going to A123 batteries. I use the same battery in a couple of planes.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:32 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

As Futaba notes: https://futabausa.com/product/s3305/, they are 6v servos, so will be fine. Use the same, or heavier, gauge wire that they have for the rest of the system, and don't go crazy with super duper long extensions. (meaning enough to go from the receiver to the servo anywhere in the plane, but not needing to fold/bunch up 8-12" or more of extra wire).
2000mah will get you many flights. Keep track of total flight time between charges, and total mah put back when recharging (if your charger does that). You'll probably find that you can cut back on size (weight) a great deal, and still have enough for a long day of flying plus reserve. LiFe (A123) batteries, if you have a capable charger, will give the best of both - much lighter weight, and high capacity.
Standard 2S LiPo's may be a little too high in voltage, depending on the rest of the radio gear, so I would tend to shy away from them. LiFe's are safe to keep installed in the plane all the time. LiPo's are not.

Last edited by tedsander; 03-07-2022 at 08:39 PM.