Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Retract Servo on Futaba Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 06:17 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry JR Retract Servo on Futaba Receiver?

I just purchased a used Hanger 9 Thunderbolt with engine and installed servos- mostly Hitech but the retract servos are JR. One servo mounted directly to each retract unit. I use Futaba radios and am installing an R617FS receiver.
But I can't get the retract servos to respond! Tried them both and nothing. Perhaps both servos have gone bad but that seems unlikely. The other servos in the plane are working OK. And I have used JR servos with Futaba receivers before.

I know retract servos are special- they move fully 180 degrees one way and then 180 degrees back.

Checking in my transmitter (14SG) I have the endpoint settings for channel 5 at the default numbers. When I plug in a Futaba servo it works fine, but the mount on the retract is too narrow for the Futaba servo.

What am I missing? Do the endpoint settings need to be at a certain number?
Old 05-12-2022, 08:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

check that you are plugging in the connector with the right wires on top. as in the signal wire, for jr, usually orange or yellowish should be to the 617 rx, and the .brown (-) wire to the bottom. your hi tech servos, i think, have yellow signal and black -.
and you can try the endpoint on the ret channel to max each way, 130 or so, but should not make a whole lot of difference.

Last edited by mongo; 05-12-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:59 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured it out. I researched the JRPS791 retract servo and found out that it does NOT work with 6 volts, only 4.8. I pulled the retract out of the wing and hooked the servo up to one of my old 72 Mhz radios at 4.8 volts. Works perfectly. So I ordered a couple of Hitec HS-75BB retract servos. I think they will fit on the mechanism and should work with 6 volts.

Either that or I fly the plane with an older radio. I do still have my Futaba 9CAP.