Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Just unpackaged my new futaba 6l rx/tx

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:03 AM
2W0EPI

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Just unpackaged my new futaba 6l rx/tx

Hi

I'm new here and this is my first post, having unpacked my new futaba budged tx/rx, my initial experiences were bad as I could not link the rx to the tx. I used fresh new dry batteries but couldn't get it to bind/link, I tried some alternative batteries and it worked!, I have thoroughly tested it on my servo and it is just bril. How futaba manage to price point this machine of around £65.00 with receiver is just beyond me it works and it is very usable, very pleased with my purchase.My new rc hobby is starting to look good. I've had my doubts whether rc scene was rip off ally, the quality of equipment is quite good, to my surprise.

Last edited by 2W0EPI; 07-02-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:30 AM
2W0EPI

Hi Gents,

Something else I found you can do Futaba 6L sport, you can reverse the direction of the servo's so like, if you had just built a plane and the servo's are pushing the flaps up when ideally they should be down just flick a 8way switch, located on the back of the tx, to give 180 degree phase rotation in keeping with mode 1 or mode 2, in Europe we use mode 2 and in the USA its mode 1, and, the Fatuba .6L sport can be either, it also uses mechanical trim on all 4 channels, the extra 2 channels can be controlled via a pot near giving infinite 180 degree servo rotation , there is further 6th channel adjustment, and there is a 2 position switch which can be used as a zero to full span output . The battery arrangement is well secure and there is little chance of power loss through a knock, etc,..The Futaba 6L is robust and well built.Electrically( servo movement no jerks or oscillations during servo travel,using the Futaba receiver.

Cheers Guys
Darren

Last edited by 2W0EPI; 07-06-2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:55 AM
2W0EPI

Just something else I would like to add, I've been running my F6L now for 5 days on 4x AA rechargeable nimh 2600mA batteries from Amazon, for 5 days with no funny business, works and continues to work flawlessly.(planet friendly).

Last edited by 2W0EPI; 07-07-2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:40 AM
2W0EPI

Hi,

A couple of days ago, I noticed my Futaba 6l left hand gimbals shattered in 4 places, I didn't drop it or put excess pressure on it, put a drop of superglue in there and all seems to be well but this shouldn't have happened. Checked for spare parts but nothing. Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:38 AM
2W0EPI

Well, given the fact that the Fatuba 6l sport system is now priced at around £100, it is no longer a budget radio tx/rx but moreover the receiver, which is available to buy, costs about £25+post.

I've just bought a Flysky 6ix system(£65-Amazon) and I have found its functionality and features are much better than that of the Fatuba 6L, also the 6 channel Flysky receiver is available for only £15 free post from Amazon.