Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Servo not returning to neutral point after turns - need help!

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo not returning to neutral point after turns - need help!

Old 07-11-2022, 12:34 PM
brick75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Servo not returning to neutral point after turns - need help!

Hello, new to the forum and somewhat new to RC. Recently purchased a Arrma Big Rock and almost immediately had the servo fail (which sounds common).

So I checked some forums and found that a lot of people replace them with the 25KG models on Amazon and decided to give it a try. Followed the installation process from a couple of different reputable guys on youtube and made sure it was done right. Got everything installed and calibrated and took it out for a run. Immediately noticed that after setting trim that every time I came off of a turn, it would veer off to one side. Fixed the trim again, came off of a turn and same thing. Could not get it to track straight after turning.

Removed the body and watched the steering links while turning and noticed that the servo arm was always coming back just a bit too far past the neutral point after the turn. This happened in both directions and explains why it would always veer off to the side after a turn.

Thought I probably ended up with a dud servo, so bought a different one and the exact same thing is happening. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening? Hoping some of you more experienced people may know what's going on and can advise on a solution. Oh and I used the Kimbrough 124 servo saver.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post URL's since I'm new, but these are the two servos I tried from Amazon. Both with good reviews from people using them in RC trucks.

ZOSKAY Servo High Torque Metal Gear Standard Digital Servo 25KG/0.13S 6.8V for 1/8 1/10 RC Cars(Control Angle 180)

20KG Digital Servo Full Metal Gear High Torque, Aluminium Case Waterproof for Robot DIY (Control Angle 180)

Appreciate any help anyone may have!

Last edited by brick75; 07-11-2022 at 12:51 PM.