Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

nx8 user thinking of upgrading to ix20

Old 07-12-2022, 06:16 AM
Knight4444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nx8 user thinking of upgrading to ix20

hey everyone, avid jet pilot, 3d pilot, and very soon I'll have my 1st 65cc extreme flight gamebird pilot.

Heres the thing. I like my nx8 but the feel of the gimbals is just horrible. I've sent it in once and they rebuilt them and honestly after maybe 150 flights (i fly 20 to 30 flights a week) it feels gritty again. Spends its life in a case, very cautious with it at the field. Just seems to be the plastic gimbals inside. Not that I enjoy spending money but the ix20 special edition radio has cnc aluminum gimbals. I'm considering doing the upgrade just as I'm over the sand paper feel of the nx8. To be fair, my dx6 feels the same.

Are the aluminum gimbals worth it? I'm obviously a little ocd lol.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:24 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

most definitely a

probably.

no one else can really tell you yes or no, cause we are not you.

find a local with the ix 20, or any other radio, and ask to try the sticks, not flying, and see what you think. most users of any radio, will generally allow a guy a feel of the tx, if they ask.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:09 PM
2W0EPI

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knight4444
Not that I enjoy spending money but the ix20 special edition radio has cnc aluminum gimbals. I'm considering doing the upgrade just as I'm over the sand paper feel of the nx8.
I've just checked, the ix20 will set you back about $2000.00,?

Last edited by 2W0EPI; 07-12-2022 at 12:16 PM.