Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spectrum receiver questions

Old 07-16-2022, 01:44 PM
Dumbthumbs67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spectrum receiver questions

Just getting back from a 18 year hiatus from flying. I have a few nitro planes I'm adding into my hanger. I have Two AR630 Dsmx 6 channel receivers in hand and plan on installing in the nitro planes. QUESTION is what size(4.8 or 6 v) should I add in and what will the receiver be ok with. 18 years ago we used 4.8 as the standard and 6v if you wanted faster servos. Will these be ok in a nitro plane. And if you use lipo can you charge it with the same old wall chargers from back in the day that charged the radio and receiver batteries at the same time?
Old 07-16-2022, 07:16 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

that is a no on the wall charger and lipo batteries.
it will work for nicad and nimh batts, but not the lithium based cells.
Old 07-17-2022, 12:01 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Those receivers will work fine if well insulated from nasty IC vibrations. they won't work at lower batt.voltage!, running reliably only on 6 Volts! Servos, some do some not, check the specs of your old ones on the nett.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:22 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

The AR630 is for parkflyer-sized planes. What size glow planes are you using them in? Are you using a remote receiver with it?

Andy