Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I'm going back...tired of all this binding crap

Old 08-14-2022, 03:50 AM
kaintuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm going back...tired of all this binding crap

Name:  7736-A913-191-C-458-C-94-DD-55-C38-B8-BDD8-C.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  17.7 KB
so....I have this equipment to use for starters. I will get new tx batteries, but I want to use the newer smaller servos, like a bunch of EMX-ES08E. They weigh in at 8gm. Will they work?
and the brushed can motors, seems I have a few 300-400 size....what is the motor controller AMP size for these?
And flight battery pack size?
i have Spitfire and bf109 plans........

please help, as my idea is flying outta the local cow pasture, frequency's and weight isn't a concern......wishing I had my old blue hobby lobby radio!

marc
Old 08-14-2022, 04:28 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Marc,

While your Futaba "Conquest" will be fine to use, your Futaba FP-6FN is not FCC legal unless it's been "Narrow Banded" by a place like "Radios South" or similar. Quite some time ago the FCC changed the 72 MHZ spec from wide band to narrow band, and at the time all of the narrow band TXs had a little round gold sticker that indicated they complied with the new standard.

Here is an excerpt from an online source describing the change from wide to narrow band;

" In the 72 Mhz band, each frequency channel was separated by a 80 kHz margin. For example, the first frequency was known as 'brown and white' and was situated at 72.080 MHz, the next was 'blue and white' at 72.160 MHz, etc. The receivers that could 'listen' to these frequencies with this 80 kHz spacing are known as Hetrodyne receivers or 'wide-band'.

In 1988, the frequency spacing of the radio frequency channels was reduced to 20 kHz which turned the original 6 frequency channels into 50 channels. At this point in time, the frequency flag mechanism was abandoned and each frequency channel was assigned a number, starting at 11 (72.010 MHz) and running to channel 60 (72.990 MHz). What's important to note is that the original 6 frequencies fall in between the newer, assigned channel numbers, and are sometimes referred to as 'half-channels'. At first, only the even channel numbers were available."

So, with that outta the way, fly the Conquest and keep the earlier FP-6FN as a display piece. The modern servos you want to use will work with the Conquest system and a "300 to 400" sized brushed motor shouldn't need more than a 40 amp ESC.

Lastly, I've got quite a collection of antique TXs as display models, is this the Hobby Lobby TX you had?

Old 08-14-2022, 05:14 AM
init4fun

PS, I just noticed you posted this thread in the "Futaba radios direct support forum" instead of in the general RC radios section. Here, no one is supposed to answer except the Futaba representative. I have been told in the past not to answer questions here, and my bad, I didn't notice the subforum you posted in till after I answered you. If you want members other than the Futaba rep to respond, perhaps having the Mods move your thread to the general radios area will prompt more responses.......
Old 08-14-2022, 06:39 AM
kaintuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. I have been told in the past not to answer questions here...

one more 'rule'.....I AM a rule breaker!

YES! That's my old blue dear friend!...best radio I ever had.....ihopeto run across one to buy someday....as for the FCC....COME ON AND GET ME!!!.....I'll be feared in the prison block!.."watch out for that new guy, I heard he's in for FCC rule breaks". Bahaawawahahaha......

in tenn you can fly n a cow pasture still, no weight limit, no frequency laws.....heck, you can even carry your fav hip pistol.....nobody cares.....

thanks for the info info about the gear, I found my Mig 3 plans for 049 size motors...so my can motor with BEC should do great. These are the plans that Eric Clutton drew up.....I miss that ol guy, AND his ever present parakeet!
marc
Old 08-14-2022, 06:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

Bounced this to the general section since it's really not a support issue for Bill
Old 08-14-2022, 07:13 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by kaintuck
. I have been told in the past not to answer questions here...

one more 'rule'.....I AM a rule breaker!

YES! That's my old blue dear friend!...best radio I ever had.....ihopeto run across one to buy someday....as for the FCC....COME ON AND GET ME!!!.....I'll be feared in the prison block!.."watch out for that new guy, I heard he's in for FCC rule breaks". Bahaawawahahaha......

in tenn you can fly n a cow pasture still, no weight limit, no frequency laws.....heck, you can even carry your fav hip pistol.....nobody cares.....

thanks for the info info about the gear, I found my Mig 3 plans for 049 size motors...so my can motor with BEC should do great. These are the plans that Eric Clutton drew up.....I miss that ol guy, AND his ever present parakeet!
marc
Hi Marc, to be fair to the FCC here, I believe the rule was intended to keep one wide band TX from crashing a bunch of other narrow band equipped RC planes when in the presence of other flyers (at a flying club, for instance). Something you may want to consider is that while there is no one enforcing any federal regulations where you live in what sounds like such a rural area, things like the FAA's registration to fly RC apply in every state of the Union including Tennessee. Being so rural of course you'll never be visited by either the FCC or the FAA, because there is no one else around to be involved in any incident involving your plane. Now for instance, if you did live in a more populated area, and caused some major crash by putting your plane through some passing by Truck's windshield, not being FAA registered would just be yet another of the legal charges they would stack up on you. Like I said, I also believe you'll never have a problem, , , , but, it's always smart to know exactly which rules one is breaking, just in case.....

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Bounced this to the general section since it's really not a support issue for Bill
Thank You Andy for moving this. As I've discussed with Bill, when someone posts in the manufacturer's subforum the post shows up on the main RCU forum homepage without indication of it being in the manufacturer's subforum. There is a title description that appears when I click the reply tab, but TBH by then I'm just typing away at my reply without looking at the heading at the top of the page to see if I'm in a sub forum.

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2022 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:55 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
...Being so rural of course you'll never be visited by either the FCC or the FAA, because there is no one else around to be involved in any incident involving your plane...
Don't be so sure. Even the FCC and FAA can become "weaponized" and do something no one expected.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:10 AM
rgburrill

As far as the op's question, no reason at all you can use the newer servos. AFAIK all digital servos still accept analog inputs.

And what's the big deal about binding. Stay with one manufacturer. I use FlySky and its sub brand Turnigy. They provide bind plugs but you don't need them on the i6S, i10S or 9X. The i6S is a pain with model memory because it doesn't "remember" the receiver by model, but rebinding is simple. The i10S manual says you can bind different receivers by model number.

I used to have a Spectrum DX6 and was glad I only had one airplane bound to it. Expensive PITA transmitter.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:10 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Thank you!!
Old 08-15-2022, 10:47 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think of note here is the standard has been for a long time the 1500 micro pulses for servo centers. Will it change?

I have one of those MRC's in my collection. I think those open gimbals are so good looking. It came in it's own hard vinyl case, still works (don't tell the FCC).

Old 08-15-2022, 12:10 PM
init4fun

Here's a shot of the rest of that shelf

The following users liked this post:
Ron S (08-27-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 12:43 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

what, no EK Logitrol...
Old 08-15-2022, 12:52 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by mongo
what, no EK Logitrol...
I'll bet there's one in a box around here somewhere, That's the great thing about buying a new house, every moving box ya open is like Christmas
Old 08-15-2022, 06:28 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh, jeez. Please give us a break and just go.........
Old 08-16-2022, 08:03 AM
rgburrill

Originally Posted by init4fun
I'll bet there's one in a box around here somewhere, That's the great thing about buying a new house, every moving box ya open is like Christmas
You're gonna need a bigger shelf.
init4fun (08-28-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 11:04 AM
kmeyers

We're gonna need a bigger boat. Nah nah!
init4fun (08-28-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 03:28 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by rgburrill
You're gonna need a bigger shelf.
Originally Posted by kmeyers
We're gonna need a bigger boat. Nah nah!
When I get some more of my TXs out of the moving boxes I'll post up some more pics, I've got a couple more shelves to populate
Old 08-19-2022, 03:35 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Bill died in December.

Andy
Old 08-19-2022, 03:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Bill died in December.

Andy
Bax? Oh that sucks, I wasn't aware.

I meant the other Bill (Futaba-RC) but thanks for letting me know.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:30 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

I had some fun learning to fly my first ever 5ch. RC model on this 4ch.radio, Th/Coll. off one 'F148' servo, no gyro, LOL now. Those were the days.

I cut those long stix down to 10mm soon after to get more controls.

Even made a special starting jig, LOL.

Another fun this morn with my 25YO TX. Bit of battle in the wind with this little one, LOL.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:36 PM
Jesse Open

Received 91 Likes on 83 Posts

Everything here is Futaba, at least 25 years old and on 50 mHz. We dont need no steenkin 1991 steeckers

Old 08-26-2022, 12:42 AM
Joseph Frost

Nothing wrong with Futaba, my first 2 radios were the "F", nowdays preffer, JR/Groupner's "MX22" , the best TX I ever had, still using 2 of them on 36 and 2.4 by changing the back module, a brilliant idea, you can't do with any current radios as my latest "Spektrum DX9", pretty good but no match to MX.

Easy swap of freq.

The first TX job is to cut down the stx to 10mm for better controls.

I preffer the left, it's lot heavier, feels like a real radio.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:40 AM
kmeyers

Gee that MX22 looks exactly like my JR 9303's.

I heard way back in the day that "Spectrum" (because they didn't know how to market) made all of JR's stuff (and they had a lovers tiff).

I wonder if that would hold for those MX radios.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:48 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Actually, JR built some of our early radios for us, certainly not all. JR licensed our DSM2 and DSMX technologies for use in their products sold in the USA. In Europe they were hogtied by other contracts that limited them.

BTW, it's spelled with a K, not a C. Spektrum.

Andy
Old 08-26-2022, 03:54 PM
Joseph Frost

[QUOTE=kmeyers;12741480]Gee that MX22 looks exactly like my JR 9303's.

The casing might look alike but with Groupner software it was more advanced. Both of mine after daily use got some algee germinating on outside casing to make it look more authentic, LOL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.