Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-8SSA-P Schematics or Boards

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 03:15 AM
ahughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-8SSA-P Schematics or Boards

Hello,

I’m trying to fix a Futaba FP-8SSA-P and it would be very helpful if someone has a schematic, even partial schematic available. I already contacted Futaba directly and they no longer have the schematics (or are unable to share).

The radio mostly works, though some of the functionality is broken (aileron rates, snap roll, and channel 7 trimpot).

Also, if anyone did an upgrade and has any spare boards for this radio, I would also be interested.

I’ve also reached out to Radio South as well.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 09-25-2022, 10:58 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Futaba does not now nor will they give anyone outside of the appropriate in house channels, access to their products such as you suggest. Tony Stillman, Radio South, was the only person I ever knew who was able to buy parts from Futaba and they cut him off a few years back.a

The only thing you can do is to try and find an old radio of that particular model, which can be used for parts. Schematics? You're on your own.

Sorry 'bout that.....
Old 09-25-2022, 11:32 AM
ahughes

Thanks for the insight Zeeb.
Andrew
Old 09-26-2022, 10:25 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Still, send email to Tony at Radio South as he will provide some guidance.

Schematics? No, I've never seen Futaba's proprietary inner workings anywhere during my 50+ years in this hobby and I have worked on a number of brands over that time. The innards of the 8SAP/8SSAP are very complex. Tony is the only guy I know of that will still work on them.

If it is switches, buttons or connectors in these transmitters, you usually can find replacements at online electronic supply houses. The parts that are uniquely Futaba include the gimbal and circuit boards/components, most everything else is off the shelf.

Finding another transmitter for a parts mule is difficult. When they pop up, the price goes to the moon, especially if working. Fortunately, I stumbled across a few dead 8SAP's at RC swap meets that I cannibalized but those parts are now in several refurbished transmitters sold some time ago.

If you have specific parts in mind, shoot me a PM and I will check the parts bin. Might be able to help.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:30 AM
ahughes

Thanks Dick, I've reached out to Tony at Radio South and appreciate the feedback and offer!
Andrew
Old 09-29-2022, 06:29 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Andrew,

i have just sent you a pm with some details for you.

modtron
Oxfordshire UK
Old 09-29-2022, 07:01 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Diagrams emailed over.

modtron
Oxford UK
The following users liked this post:
FUTABA-RC (10-05-2022)