Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

My futaba gyros and special applications

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 02:20 PM
Clugh
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My futaba gyros and special applications

After being asked to keep the forum updated with the progress of my project I dont find showing the forum my selections of servos and complementary pieces for my special applications as off topic so I share it here.

Last edited by Clugh; 10-05-2022 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:20 AM
Clugh
Banned

I purchased every piece recommended to support the GYA-553 and now at over 1200.00 plus in Futaba factory direct now its off topic because I want to show it working. That's nutz and points to gross exclusion to a person that's paid in on this gyro that "wont" work with my radio. Im the one truly supporting Futaba actually with my damn money and accurate info Ive posted, so feel free to keep that brand of supprt support. Im the one that told you the radios can run more than one 1axis gyro in 3 axis mode. I've yet to see any Futaba forum support report about the new Ultra response servos . Of course my environment is much less friendly than the air and response time from me is relevant for YOU it may be off topic but for me its not. For me its all on topic interesting and cool. I see 42 people came in here in less than 12 hours to view one sentence, so someone's interested in something. My threads and motor projects are easily viewed over a million times here and abroad so if your not interested freedom of choice still exist in America believe it or not. Im an EE that now works with SiC production. I confer and share real knowledge with some of the best e motor designers in the world and Im trying to share it all with you my way. If you not interested its fine
But I only ask that you find it somewhere else in this world! I bet you wont.

Stay tuned for much cooler projects with the radio. I will show you how to make a reactionary torque cradle with Futabas off topic servo monitoring complimentary piece. Christian Lucas from Lehner motoren and I talked about this and I derived the function of amperage at holding torques. What I did is used calibration weights and hung them off the servo horn with a one foot arm. We recorded the amperage seen at the specific calibration weights then regressed a line which was linear and constant so we can predict X at any Y. From here we can know how much holding torque is required to hold the reactionary torque output of a propellor driven by a motor and plot some data points. Thats a torque cradle the fun Futaba way..

Have a great day. I know I will.

The 18 channel is the next radio I buy from Futaba. And so you know I saw absolutely nothing about Jeti features in a head to head comparison that would make me change my position. Futaba has always been the reference benchmark for rc radios and still is.

Last edited by Clugh; 10-05-2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:38 AM
Clugh
Banned

If you do not want my post that will help you to produce these results dont bother just leave here because Im not gonna die if I can't help YOU ALL get better performance with e motors and other useful applications with radios costing thousands. This is of course all just nonsense I'm selling that's not real so you need not have any interest in it. But b4 u do that humor me take your measured motor constants and perform the mathematics to see where you at..... Nothing was off topic but It is tiring to keep having to correct a forum support with incorrect assumptions about my radio. Its several points in the thread that that happened. If you fly airplanes with stick radios exclusively why would you think you know more than me about my surface trigger/wheel radio? I actually research what it will do and wont do b4 I purchased or ever opened my mouth giving wrong information to an entire forum. The radio cost just as much as the 16 channel and Like I said it can support FASTEST. Id just get over it versus back door messages about how my corrections are unnerving to Futaba support on the forums. You dont know anything about the radio then get upset because I tell you.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 10-05-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:21 AM
Clugh
Banned

Support in my honest opinion should always be aware of things like this but if they only focus on learning one product lines capabilities AIRPLANES and care nothing about the rest of it how could they support me.

That is not product support. This is.....and u definitely dont close a thread on a person thats spent 1000s with the company you represent because they rightfully correct alot of oversite about the product.. On the right day its enough to discourage further sales but I do not consider this the fault of the factory how limited forums can be for real information about their product most of the time. Some of us actually care about that and spend a great deal of time learning our own products as a result. Ive actually found on other forums that the factory support there doesnt even know what a MEMS device is or how it works.... Do you ?
They have not a clue that it is monitoring temperatures as well and also and adjust accordingly. Therefore in the right hands that can be brung to the screen from a MEMS based GYRO. Its capacitive bubble levels in there partners!

I worked directly with the chips years ago b4 any GYA-553 existed and know the raw output they produce.

Its only new tech to you!

It think its awful that on at least 2 forums "Futaba" support seems to not even know what will work and what will not in my case then get mad when you correct them. I dont have to be supported by them. My own brain supports me very well.

Im excluded for my money I spent so I hope the rest of you that sit in silence when you see things posted that are incorrect enjoy such exclusive support.

and just maybe you're discerning enough to see the constant temp monitoring in the debug terminal
monitoring the raw data coming off the chip.

This equipment in the right hands is hardly as limited as people are quick to blurt out that know absolutely nothing about the actual function of the IC's that drive and end user CE device. They are simply enthusiastic consumers speaking out of turn. You can determine for yourselves if I have purchased the equipment tried to optimize itz function by my selections and told you the facts about it or how to do it

SMDH
Hubert

Last edited by Clugh; 10-06-2022 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:27 AM
Clugh
Banned

You can equip your genius brothers...specifically on page 67 of the SMART Sensor text! Then just in general as the text shows and expains other thins like lcd screens reporting etc. The radio screen in the transmitter case is just the radios microprocessors fancy debug terminal. Now maybe you need to go straight to Japan to talk to the real deal E's about it I dunno but .. The hermetically sealed 2 axis memsic 2125 IC for instance measures temps in all 4 quadrants of each axis so 2 dimension would be 8 quadrants correct? 3 would be 12. So basically a 3 axis would be measuring temperature in 12 quadrants! so the engineers at futaba dont need a standalone sbus TEMPERATURE sensor because there are 12 freaking quadrants of temperature measure in the accelerometer IC inside a GYA-553. Its has to be if its a MEMS device HONCHOS...They can bring every bit of that sht to their fancy color high definition debug terminal which is the screen of this freaking radio. I really do not care if you do not know anything. Like any other device of this nature there is some way to get into the low or high level programming mode of itz MCU and open up an endless world of creativity now maybe no one at Futaba will hand you those keys but they certainly have a pair. Technically they dont have to hand you the key just a hall pass to get to the room and that would be called a FIRMWARE update of some type

Danke,
Hubert
Attached Files

Last edited by Clugh; 10-06-2022 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:51 AM
Clugh
Banned

The MX2125’s design is simple. It has a chamber of gas with a heating element in the center and four temperature sensors around its edge. Just as hot air rises and cooler air sinks, the same applies to hot and cool gasses. If you hold the accelerometer still, all it senses is gravity, and tilting it gives us an example of how it senses static acceleration. When you hold the accelerometer level, the hot gas pocket rises to the top-center of the accelerometer’s chamber, and all the sensors will measure the same temperature. Depending on how you tilt the accelerometer, the hot gas will collect closer to one or maybe two of the temperature sensors. By comparing the sensor temperatures, both static acceleration (gravity and tilt) and dynamic acceleration (like taking a ride in a car) can be detected. If you were to take the accelerometer for a car ride, the hotter and cooler gasses would slosh around in the chamber in a manner similar to a container half-full of water, and sensors would detect this. In most situations, making sense out of these measurements is a simple task thanks to the electronics inside the MX2125. The MX2125 converts the temperature measurements into signals (pulse durations) that are easy for a microcontroller to measure and decipher.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:36 AM
Clugh
Banned

Nothing fancy it will be a straight forward. All the linkage will be inside hull to the canard flaps
As elevons they are tasked for pitch and roll.
Regards,
Hurbert

Last edited by Clugh; 10-07-2022 at 02:27 PM.