Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How do you program a Futaba T16IZ with Flapperon

Old 03-05-2023, 09:54 AM
rcwarbirdman
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you program a Futaba T16IZ with Flapperon

Okay, so I have an aircraft that doesn't have flaps, but tends to glide a lot on approach. So I thought about programming flapperons to help the approach. But I can't find anything that assists me on ow to do this with the T16IZ transmitter. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2023, 11:58 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry I don't have that radio. On the 10C I do have. I make the aile the slave and the elev the master on one mix. On a second mix the flaps the slave and the elev is the master. I also use the spring loaded trainer switch to activate the mix. Once you have it programmed it a matter od adjusting the rate to + or - and testing. Start small and work your way up.
Also want to say I'm not sure this is the best way to accomplish what you want. I would probably use a slider switch as the master so you have. set amount of flaps. The way I do above move the ailes linear with the elev.

David

Old 03-08-2023, 01:39 PM
rcwarbirdman
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found someone who has the same radio and gave me full instructions on how to set up the TX for the flapperons. Thanks to everyone who sent a message to help me.