Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora 9 receivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 08:51 AM
Flysfloats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aurora 9 receivers

I have had my Aurora 9 for a LONG time and it continues to do all I need it to do. However, I am having difficulty finding receivers for it. In the past I have been able to buy Minima 4 and 6 channel receivers from Hobby King, A Loft, and Motion RC. I am somewhat on a budget and thus avoid Hi Tec receivers due to the cost. I am now finding that these sources seem to not carry Hi-Tec compatible receivers any longer. Is my Aurora 9 becoming a dinosaur? Any suggestions for other sources or comments?

Thank you for your help. FF

Old 04-16-2023, 11:35 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

According to Hitec web site the Minima series are long discontinued, only the current Maxima series is available and those only work with the Aurora 9X. Shop the online classifieds and ebay as many do show up there.

Hitec chose to not get involved in the transmitter bells and whistles market demands (which most people never use) thus letting a great transmitter die a slow death.
Old 04-16-2023, 04:09 PM
Flysfloats

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, this confirms my worst fears. If I buy another transmitter I then have to buy a dozen or more receivers, grrrrr.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:12 PM
Ray S.
My Feedback: (1)

I use my Hitec Optima and Maxima receivers with my Radiomaster TX16S. They work great.
That way I didn’t need to buy new receivers.
Ray
Old 04-18-2023, 06:09 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Flysfloats
Thanks for the reply. Sadly, this confirms my worst fears. If I buy another transmitter I then have to buy a dozen or more receivers, grrrrr.
Sadly, many of us have had to go that route before. I had a long and wonderful run with my Aurora but one day I decided it was time for a change and that change meant buying many receivers. I just consider my Aurora a pleasant time in my RC history but moved on and yes it cost me many $$ in the process. Such is life in our hobby.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:07 PM
Flysfloats

Ok, it looks like I will have to buy another transmitter and receivers, groan. I talked to an online guy about this and it was his opinion that a Spektrum should be my next purchase. We talked about the many cheaper trannys and he cautioned me about going cheap. It just kills me to have to buy a new system while my Aurora 9 has and does, do everything I want it to do. Maybe I could just move my current receivers from plane to plane? IF I end up buying new, where would you advise me to buy from?

At my age, 78, just what I want to do= learn a new system and throw away money.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:12 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Flysfloats
Ok, it looks like I will have to buy another transmitter and receivers, groan. I talked to an online guy about this and it was his opinion that a Spektrum should be my next purchase. We talked about the many cheaper trannys and he cautioned me about going cheap. It just kills me to have to buy a new system while my Aurora 9 has and does, do everything I want it to do. Maybe I could just move my current receivers from plane to plane? IF I end up buying new, where would you advise me to buy from?

At my age, 78, just what I want to do= learn a new system and throw away money.
An advantage of going with Spektrum is lots of quality online support when you have programming questions. And coming from the extremely easy to program and logical Aurora, you will have questions. Regardless of what brand you choose, you will have to learn the new programming methods of the brand you choose. Almost 75 here by the way!
Old 04-23-2023, 03:17 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Originally Posted by Ray S.
I use my Hitec Optima and Maxima receivers with my Radiomaster TX16S. They work great.
That way I didn’t need to buy new receivers.
Ray
Don't ignore this. These are well made TX's and work with many protocols. Touch color screen and all.
The following users liked this post:
Ray S. (04-23-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 04:04 PM
jucava

An ebay search will show a few U.K. stores selling brand new Hitec Optima 7 and Optima 9 receivers, they ship to the U.S. very reasonable.

Last time I ordered them it took about a month to arrive. But they're brand new.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:19 PM
jmdowdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 6 or more Optima 6 channel receivers that I would sell for a reasonable price. In fact, I’d be willing to sell the Aurora 9, all my receivers, and the telemetry sensors if you were interested. I used my radio for about 3 years and then fell out of the hobby for the last 7-8 years. I recently used it again and it still works like a champ. You could use it for a backup if you want
Old 11-13-2023, 09:46 AM
build2fly
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hitec receivers 6 channel

Originally Posted by jmdowdy
I have 6 or more Optima 6 channel receivers that I would sell for a reasonable price. In fact, I’d be willing to sell the Aurora 9, all my receivers, and the telemetry sensors if you were interested. I used my radio for about 3 years and then fell out of the hobby for the last 7-8 years. I recently used it again and it still works like a champ. You could use it for a backup if you want
Found

Last edited by build2fly; 11-14-2023 at 05:44 AM.