Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 5955TG stops intermittently

Old 11-21-2023, 10:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hitec 5955TG stops intermittently

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with all 12 of my hitec 5955TG servos I bought used. They came from a reputable seller and he said he tested each of them on a servo tester before sending out.

here is what the servos are doing. I plug one in at a time to a rx and wiggle the stick back and forth for a minute or two. Within that minute I get about 6-7 pauses from the servo. Each pause is about 1-1.5 seconds long.

Here is what I have tried,

I have tested these servos on 3 different radio platforms. Frsky, futaba, and Spektrum.
I have tested these servos on 2 cell life, and 2 cell lipo.
i have tested these servos on direct into rx and a power box competition power distribution system.

all of which end with the same result. Every few seconds the servos just stop for a second or two and then start up again.

here is a short video to show what they do.

https://youtu.be/sw6oxJZjoBk?feature=shared
Old 11-22-2023, 11:27 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Those servos had their fair share of problems. They are NOT rated for LiPo batteries, you could contact Hitec and see if they'll do something with them but I really doubt it. They've not been manufactured for quite a long time and if it were me, I'd get rid of them.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:17 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

At well over 10 years old, those servos are getting a fair amount of age on them. If they were used a lot they could just be worn out. I still use two of them in a sport plane but they donít have a lot of use time. They will be retired soon just because of age.