Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Radio Suggestions

Old 05-03-2024, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio Suggestions

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to get back into RC planes after a 20yr break. My budget on a radio is $1000 max (can stretch it more if needed), preferably below $700-800.
I want a radio that can handle most aircraft as I grow back into the hobby (helicopters and possibly jets).
I don't mind spending good money if it means that I'll get alot more quality and features, but not if the its only a marginal benefit.

What do you all recommend (Brand/Model)? I'm sticking mostly with planes and 3D flying as I've done on the past

Thank you in advance
Tester

Last edited by testing1234; 05-03-2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:48 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 362 Likes on 291 Posts

A Spektrum ix14 will give you plenty of room to grow depending on what you plan on flying.
An NX10 might be a good option as well, If you get into jets or anything with lots of control surfaces an ix14 is probably the best way to go.

If you're just into simpler installations like aerobatic and 3D then the 10 will be fine

Both at Horizonhobby.com
The following users liked this post:
spinracing (05-11-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
A Spektrum ix14 will give you plenty of room to grow depending on what you plan on flying.
An NX10 might be a good option as well, If you get into jets or anything with lots of control surfaces an ix14 is probably the best way to go.

If you're just into simpler installations like aerobatic and 3D then the 10 will be fine

Both at Horizonhobby.com
Awesome, that is exactly the type of response I was looking for. I was debating between the IX and NX.
I used to go cheap, but now I realized "buy nice or buy twice"
Thank you so much

Last edited by testing1234; 05-03-2024 at 08:18 AM.