Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RX antenna question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:01 AM
CRFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX antenna question

Was flying my Super Sportster yesterday afternoon when I started having trouble with the plane. I would roll start rolling some times for no reason. I managed to get it back on the ground and then noticed that my rx antenna (which had been taped to the fuse side and the tape must have came loose) was hanging near one of my servo's.

I know they say to keep the antenna away from the servo's and other electric components, but could this have caused the problem, or do I need to look elsewhere?

thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 06:48 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: RX antenna question

From what you've said, I'm willing to wager that the antenna being near your servos was the problem. I have had the same problem and ended up routing it out to the wingtip. I put a T-pin through my wingtip and attach the antenna with a rubberband.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:42 PM
CRFlyer

I moved the antenna wire away from the servo's and secured in place by running through a short section of fuel tubing and glued the tube to the fuse side. Problem appears to have been solved. Thanks for your reply.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I doubt very much that having the antenna near the servo caused your problem. What may have happened (and if it did you have an accident still waiting to happen) is that the flapping antenna broke the connection somewhere inside the antenna wire covering do to the flapping around and is only making intermittent contact. To be sure this is not the case, take an ohmmeter and check the continuity of the antenna from the tip to where it is soldered to the printed circuit board. Pull gently on the antenna tip while doing this. If there is continued continuity, you are safe. Just routing the antenna close to a servo has never created a problem for me, I do it all the time.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Interesting, I have never had this problem. I guess I will check my antenne and make sure that my aerial doesn't come near my servos.