Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flap Servo's--What Kind?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 04:28 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap Servo's--What Kind?

I just bought a WM Super Stunt 60...it will have a TT 91 in it. This plane has a 80 inch wing span so the wings are big and has flaps and ailerons. I bought the standard cheap servos from Tower, TS-53 Servo S3K which should be ok for everything I originally thought. Then I started to think that maybe, the flaps might need a little bit more of a larger servo on them since the wind is basically pushing against the control surface.

Are the standard servos ok for this, or do I need something bigger for the flaps?
Old 10-08-2003, 10:37 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Flap Servo's--What Kind?

Anything with 55+ oz-in of torque should do it. Afer all, flaps are used on final and on final you're not cruising at max speed.

BTW, the airflow is pushing on all of your control surfaces when they're deflected...
Old 10-09-2003, 11:19 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Flap Servo's--What Kind?

The standard servos are Torque: 42 oz/in..will that do?

BTW, the airflow is pushing on all of your control surfaces when they're deflected...
Hmm, yes thats true. But, the plane is reacting to the other control surfaces to limit the flow isn't it. Well these are not true flaps anyway...