Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

receiver help

Old 10-20-2003, 07:52 AM
mark e o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver help

wondering if anybody could pass on some rx knowlage on to a newbie, my bud gave me a futaba r127df on ch 30 my tx is a futaba 6 yg on ch 49 can i replace the ch 30 rx crystal with a channel 49 rx crystal and use this rx. are low band rx compatibale with high band tx by changing the rx crystal

thanks

mark
Old 10-20-2003, 09:46 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: receiver help

Hi, Mark,
Sorry, no, that's the whole point of low band and high band. You can change your receiver from 11-35 if it is low band, but not above 35 without retuning. Same with high band, 36-60. You MIGHT not have problems using it on 40 in Canada where you have so much less radio noise than we have down here, but at the least it is not ideal.

Futaba will retune it for you relatively inexpensively here in the US, but you'll have to pay shipping down here and such. Might be easier to see if you can find someone to trade your lowband for a high band receiver.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:04 AM
ekrcflyer

Default RE: receiver help

Hi Mark:

Welcome to the hobby. Here is the link where you can find an answer:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/service-faq.html#q198

Good luck!!!