Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with extremely weird range check

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:50 PM
desertmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with extremely weird range check

I have a basic futaba skysport radio with a basic 127...7channes rx. I have made very sure to route the antenna as far away from servo wires as possible. With the wing attached and the radio antenna about 2 to 3 inches extended I can only get about 20 feet away before the servos start glitching. The strange part is with the aileron servos attached to the rx while the wing is unattached and sitting under the plane, I can walk away for days and no glitching. I made sure to route the rx antenna out of the fuse right away and have tried pinning it to the wing tip, the vert stab and the tail wheel but all with the same result which is wing attached range = bad....wing not attached range = good....Also... I did try a range check with the radio fully extended and naturally I could go about 1/4 to half a mile with no problem. I am just wondering if I am crazy or does this kind of thing happen a lot?
Old 10-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Speedfreek 68
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with extremely weird range check

Mike, when you pin the antenna at the end of the wing make sure all pins are plastic or use a rubber band to hold the antenna.(do not use any metal pins touching the antenna.) Mike also when you range check your radio's antenna is down, do a forty foot range check.