Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Service WOW!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 PM
vicar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Service WOW!!!!!!!!

I sent a Tx and two Rx's to Hitec with a detailed explanation of the problems expecting a very large bill as my equipment has been out of warranty for a while. I just received my equipment, all repaired, at no charge. I cannot figure out how they do it but one thing is for sure I AM A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!! This is the second time where repairs are done to my equipment, the first time I only paid a nominal shipping fee.

The other day I called to inquire on the status of the repairs and was told they were in the middle of the forest fire area so I did not expect my stuff back for a while. I only took two weeks form the time I sent it.

THANK YOU HITEC!

Kudos to Mike and his staff.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Service WOW!!!!!!!!

I had a similar pleasant experience. I sent in an older Prism Xmtr well out of warantee. They fixed it at no charge and even paid the return shipping. Best service I've ever experienced.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Crashem

Vicar,

Your experience has been related many times by multiple individuals on this forum and others.

While its always good to find any company that backs up a their product. My concern of late is why some many of there customers seem to need this service. sometimes what I would consider brand new products.

Before someone responds with well Hitec sells more product then its competitors and thats why.... I seem to remember reading that in the US Futaba has the largest market share followed by JR... Maybe that has changed..

But it sounds to me from reading all the threads that hitecs products in general are more prone to malfunction (i.e. of lower quality) and require a more after sale support.

In my experience having owned 9-10 radios all of which except for one Hitec still work my oldest legal radio is 12 years old and still working.

Its nice to know that Hitec service dept backs the product.... IMHO its better to not need to use anyone service dept.

I'm curious to see what others have seen?
Old 11-05-2003, 01:10 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

....salting my popcorn....
Old 11-05-2003, 01:36 PM
vicar

Crashem,

Like you, I own multiple brands equipment. My experience has been even on all sides, all my stuff has been repaired at one time or another. Rx's are involved in hard landings (please read crashes) and Tx's fall on the ground at inopportune moments. All my r/c equipment has been in for repairs due to my own fault; cannot remember a time when repairs were due to manufacturing defects. Maybe I have been lucky and have not purchased lemons; maybe all brands are now putting out good equipment; I don't know.

My comment was regarding service. Consider the possibility that people are not talking about other brands' service because they pay for it and that is considered standard-operating-procedure. In my case, I was pleasantly surprised so I wanted others to know of my good experience.

I have the feeling that if Hitec was not making enough money they would not repair out-of-warranty equipment for free. Business must be good or they are fools (I doubt it). Possibly they are hoping the expense of repairing my equipment for free turns into the "free" advertising they are getting with our conversation. All I can say is thanks!

Vicar
Old 11-05-2003, 03:18 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Matt, share?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:55 PM
LVsRCSA

Having owned a few systems myself, airtronics, hitec, and, back in the day, world models, I know there's numerous reasons for sending equipment in for repair. I think some folks just need to find other avenues of spending their time than finding things to "poke" at. I just got my system back from Hitec because I wanted the frequency changed and the radio tuned, neither which were due to defective items. I, too, had a most pleasant expeerience with their service department and would definetly consider buying Hitec again because of it.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:48 AM
3D Joy

I have never had a problem with Hitec equipement and knowing that IF I ever have a problem they will repair it for free or really cheap makes me thinking that from now, I should buy only hitec (apart from transmitters).

I am a satisfied user of Hitec servos and receivers and will continue purchasing their stuff as long as the service AND quality is here.