Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Buzzing servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 01:43 PM
Barry-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing servos

I was at the field yesterday teaching someone to fly. They came with a new Hobbico Superstar RTF. This plane has a Futaba radio installed and flew quite well, however the servos are constantly buzzing. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the linkages and sometimes they will just stop (buzzing). Has any body else had this problem with Futaba 3003 servos? I advised them to call Futaba, but I am curious.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:42 AM
mac473

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing servos

I have had that buzzing sound as well in my planes,boats and trucks. It has never caused a problem with any of my r/c stuff. The problem is the pot that is turned by the motor, in some spots it will flutter or buzz but is perfectly safe. I also replace my pots every year or more if needed.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:15 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Buzzing servos

The only way that you can be sure that the buzzing is not a problem is to do some current measurements. Plug in only one servo at a time and measure the current while it is disconnected from the surface it is to drive. Now connect the surface, excercise the servo and allow it to come back to neutral. If there is an appreciable increase in current, you have a problem with either bad hinge alignment or push rods with high friction. If there is only a couple of milliamperes difference, no problem. If there is a larger difference, find the problem and correct it or you will have excessive current drain and short battery life per charge.