Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rx compatibility with Tx

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:40 PM
vonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx compatibility with Tx

I want to build a small electric plane but before I buy a mini flight pack I would like to know how to match up a Rx to the Tx that I am planning to use. For instance, I have a Futaba 6EXA tx, what mini-rx will work with that?
I thought about buying a GWS pack because of the low prices. I'm not a radio expert. Any info is appreciated.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:47 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Rx compatibility with Tx

Many different brands will work, including GWS. You have to be sure to specify that you want one that is Futaba compatible.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the very best (no range limits like some of the small ones have) is the FMA M5 a small 5 channel unit.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Crashem

vonster,

In the US here is how it works in general Futaba and Hitec are negative shift Airtronic and JR are positive shift

BUT..................

Some radios like the airtronics Rd-6000 and RD-8000 are shift selectable can be either +/-

Some Rx like are also shift selectable Hitec makes some and I believe FMA makes some.

For the futaba radio you mentioned you need a negative shift (or futaba compatible) GWS receiver