Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

stick mode for Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:43 AM
honda811

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stick mode for Futaba

My Radio might be in the wrong "Stick mode" The manual just says seldom used. Does anyone know the difference between the modes?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:54 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: stick mode for Futaba

Tim replied that your switch mode could be set wrong (in your previous post). This may be the case. To find out, hold down both "mode select" buttons and turn on your radio. The display will show STCK followed by either 1 or 2. If 1 is shown, then your transmitter is set in mode 1 which puts the throttle on the right stick and elevator on the right switch. You should change the STCK to indicate "2". Then the transmitter will be in mode 2 which puts the throttle on the left and elevator on the right.

George
Old 11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I switched my 6EXA by accident. I thought you were supposed to hold the two buttons while powering up to get into program mode. Not true. Power up first and then push the two buttons to get into program mode. Took me a while to figure out the problem.

So yeah, what the previous post said is the solution to get it back into the right stick mode (hold the two buttons down and then power it up while you are still holding them. Then let go of them. A "1" or "2" should appear on the screen).

Joe
Old 11-10-2003, 01:15 PM
ghendrix01

Joe,

If you have a Futaba 7UAFS (super 7) you do have to hold both mode select buttons down while turning on the transmitter to get to the stick mode select.

George
Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
honda811

Thanks guys I will try it out. I may have accidently switched it without realizing what I was doing.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:35 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

George,

I only own a 6EXA and can't answer that but I would try it if I were you. What can it harm? Nothing at all. Do you have the manual? It was in my manual.

Joe
Old 11-10-2003, 08:53 PM
ghendrix01

Joe,

Yes I have the manual for the 7UAFS and I originally tried to get to the mode switching menu by pressing the mode select buttons with the radio on. When I could not find the STCK menu, I tried holding down the mode select buttons and turning on the radio and that worked. This is kind of like the JR 622 method of getting to some of its functions (like changing models, I think). I had never done it with my super 7s and was kind of surprise to see it work that way. So, I guess Futaba changed it on the 6EXA.
You also get to the throttle reverse the same way. I'm not sure why that function exists.

The manual is not very good at explaining how to get to these functions.

George
Old 11-11-2003, 05:02 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

This is common to most, if not all, Futaba radios. Only functions the user would almost NEVER want to access are in this hidden menu.....stick mode for changing modes, and throttle reverse. This is true on the 7U, the 8U, 9C, 6EXA, 6X, etc. They are all accessed the same way...TX off, press both mode keys, TX on, you're there.

The TREV function is used to reverse the functionality of the throttle stick so that the throttle trim works from the top down. this is a rare but sometimes used style of flight where the stick is pulled down to accelerate the engine. It is also used by some modelers to make the throttle trim adjust their airbrake when it is "closed" (stick at the top) like normally it is used to adjust throttle closed (at the bottom).

Note that both of these changes are system wide and not specific to one model memory.