Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tachometer on the 9ZHP WC2 TX

Old 11-24-2003, 06:38 AM
PhysicsRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tachometer on the 9ZHP WC2 TX

I cannot obtain a rotational speed from the rotor blades of my heli using the 9ZHP WC2 TX without getting dangerously close to the blades. Most of the times I am unable to get a reading at all. I've tried obtaining readings in full sun and in the shade. I've also tried to capture the sun's reflection from the top of the blades when the sun is low. Sometimes one or two numbers will appear momentarily on the RPM display, but quickly dissappear. A steady reading is usually unobtainable without dangerously standing over the heli and pointing the TAC sensor over the top of the blades while the rotational speed of the blades are turning much slower than I care to obtain a reading. Can a rotational speed be obtained at a safe distance while the heli is in a hover? Is the Tachometer a useless feature for helis on the 9ZHP WC2, or am I doing something wrong?