Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

3003BB good SERVO.....comes w/ 6EXA

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 08:29 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3003BB good SERVO.....comes w/ 6EXA

I will be gettin a Somethin' Extra soon, well, next year, and will get to Futaba 6EXA w/ 3003BB servos to put inside it and control it. I WILL NOT be doing very serious 3d maneuvers.......but will do what I can. No high stress things. But, are the 3003's good servos to have in this particular plane. Also, one the 6EXA, how do you make it to where you can have a servo for each aileron. I'll more than likely buy another 3003 so I can have seperate servos for each wing half. Do you plug the extra 3003 in the 5th or 6th channel, or AUX........Well, I dunno.....that's why I'm asking you guys. ANY feedback would really help me. Thanks So Much.........
Old 11-28-2003, 09:01 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 3003BB good SERVO.....comes w/ 6EXA

I have this radio. I really like it. It will be fine for that plane and what you want to do.

Use the flaperon option in the mixing. It turns channel 6 into the left aileron. Channel 1 is the right aileron. Then you can have the ailerons function as flaps at the same time they are ailerons. Pretty cool. I have two planes set up this way.

The other option is to use a "Y" connector and just connect both servos to channel 1. I personally like the flaperons.

By the way, I the radio comes with 3004's not 3003's.

Joe
Old 11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
iflynething

I"m sorry for the mistake......i could have sworn that it came w/ 3003's but I just didn't remember......thanks for the input though.............
Old 11-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: iflynething

I"m sorry for the mistake......i could have sworn that it came w/ 3003's but I just didn't remember......thanks for the input though.............
As to your question if 3003 (or 3004) are good servos; they're both fine for most sport flying and are now considerec to be the "standard" servos that Futaba supplies with most radio sets. They have replaced the old 148's.
However, the 3003's and 3004's are the same servo with the exception that the 3004's have ball bearings and the 3003's use bushings.
So while either works as a replacement for the other, get 3004's if you have a choice because of the ball bearings.

Highflight