Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 5625 -- 5645

Old 12-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Crazy_Cplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5625 -- 5645

How good are these servo's compared to others in the same price range, torque and speed??
Have read some mixed feelings on these servo's so, I am looking for infomation from people that
are using these servo's. I am planning on putting these servo's in a hanger 9 27% Cap 232.
Don't want to take any chances on crashing this plane so, any information you have would be great.
Also, have another question I am pretty new to the digital servo, would I be better to use a digital
or just use a good Hi performance 1/4 scale servo?? I like the futaba servo's but just looking for some advise.
Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 04:30 PM
CurtD
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec 5625 -- 5645

Spend the extra money and get the 5925/5945 servos from Hitec. These are coreless digitals, rugged and well built, and the price can't be beat. You may want to go with the 5975 with the new gears but I don't think it's got enough torque for rudder. Should be fine for ailerons and elevator (if you use one on each half).

I've got a couple of the 5625's and they're fine for sport but I won't put 'em on my big planes.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:43 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those servos are fine and will do good. For anything up to 25% they will do you good. I actually have a 25% Giles with lower output Futaba's and they are fine. I have a 5645 on the rudder though, love the power there!!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:38 AM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

I have 56xx's on all surfaces on my Midwest Super Stinker and in several dozen flights, they have performed flawlessly!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:59 AM
3D Joy

Put them on 6v so you will not have voltage issues and everything should be fine.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:00 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Crazy_Cplanes

How good are these servo's compared to others in the same price range, torque and speed??
There are no other servos in the same price/torque/speed range.

Aside from that they are, IMHO, a perfect alternative to analog high-torgue servos in the 25%-scale range. Any larger aircraft I would be looking at the HS-59XX servos, which differ from these by having coreless motors.

I have a total of 10 of these servos. Out of my 1st batch of 5, which I installed on a Hanger 9 73" Cap 232, I ended up with one bad servo that failed on the bench. I've had no problems with any others. I do, however, burn my servos in with my Hitec Programmer. I run them on an average of 15 minutes at the highest speed and furthest deflection. If the servo is going to fail it will during this test. This burn-in is not necessary but, do to the failure of the 1st one, gives me a warm fuzzy.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Crazy_Cplanes

Thanks for the information on the servo's.

3D Joy,

I have been running everything on 4.8 volts in the past. Is running 6 volts better or does it just give more torque and speed?? You mentioned voltage issue, I have never had any in the past is this something to worry about with digital servo's??

Thanks Again Guys
Old 12-08-2003, 08:03 PM
3D Joy

The 56xx series of Hitec digitals, if run on 4.8v, don't like servo extensions, Nimh batteries, and everything that can cause a voltage drop. Nimh batteries have a high internal resistance so a high current draw from one or more digital servos can cause a voltage drop and the servo get crazy, lock and stop working for a short moment (as long as the voltage is dropped). Extensions and plugs have some resistance also so it is easy to get voltage drop here. On 6 volts, the voltage must drop very much before the servo stops working so it is an easy way to prevent that situation.

Personnaly, I do not run on 6 volts but I use 2 battery packs plugged directly on the receiver via their own switch. I use Nimh batteries and when the batteries get near discharged, I experience some problems with my rudder servo (a 5625). My 5925s are on the elevators and do not have this problem, even with the 2 24 po extensions. The rudder servo is plugged directly on the receiver on a pull pull setup so no voltage drop here.

All in all, a NiCd will handle 56xx series digitals better on 4.8v than any other battery on the market but 6v Nimh is also a good alternative since it would weight about the same but give more speed and torque to the servos.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Crazy_Cplanes

All I run are NiCad battery packs, I am planning on using a 1500mh battery pack in this plane.
I would really hate to double up on the battery packs due to the extra weight but in turn I do not want to lose the plane due to
a servo locking up either. I might take a look at running two 4.8 volt 1500mh batteries or I might just switch
a run a NiCad 6 volt battery pack. Which alternative due you think would be better?? Like I said I am new to these digital servo's
so, I am trying to find out as much information as possible because these big planes are expensive and don't need to take extra chances. Thanks alot for the information so far.