Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics & Futaba Help/question..........

Old 12-12-2003, 01:51 PM
grumpE
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics & Futaba Help/question..........

Hey all,

I was just at the proverbial right place at the right time. Acquired five complete planes with engines radio gear as well as a ready to finish Great Planes bipe. Many many other goodies too. (A new OS FS90 and FS70, and a used Quadra 35 plus what was in the planes!) My question is to the usefulness of the transmitters. I have an Airtronics VG6DR 6 Channel PCM radio, an Airtronics VG6H PCM Vanguard 6 channel radio and a Futaba Conquest FP-T5NLP PCM radio. The batteries hold a charge and the previous owner said they all worked fine.

They all have the gold RF check stickers from the last time he used them so I assume they are narrow band. Anyone have any advice as to what they are worth? Deciding if I should keep all of them or get a computer radio and change the receivers to match it.

Thanks!

GrumpE
Old 12-12-2003, 02:47 PM
5 oclock charlie

Default RE: Airtronics & Futaba Help/question..........

Hey GrumpE-
Sounds like you made quite a haul. Take me with you next time!

Seriously though, give us a little help here G. Knowing your experience level and what kind of plans you fly (or want to fly) will go a long way in trying to give you our "two cents" worth.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:06 PM
grumpE
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Airtronics & Futaba Help/question..........

Why soitenly,

I would be your basic newbie with a year under my belt. Flying a Superstar 40 now. As of two days ago I have a Four Star 40, a 76 inch Goldberg Anniversary Cub, a Lanier midwing intermediate acrobatic plane (trying to verify what it is, ARF from early 90s), a SPAD ultrastick copy, an Eaglet, and a Great Planes 40 sized P-51, and of course the unfinished Bipe.

The Cub is matched up with the Futaba FP-T5NLP
The Lanier is the Airtronics VG6H
And the Four Star is the VG6DR
And of course my Super Star came with a Futaba 4VF system

Have yet to check the Eaglet to see which radio it is with.

Looking at the feesability of getting one computer radio to limit the number of radios. All are on one of two channels. I know there would be cost in converting receivers to one channel and if others have good positive comments on the listed radios above I will probably just stick with them until I neede to start replacing battary packes etc. Three new sets of battaries would go a long way toward a new radio and new crystals etc.

Thanks for any help you can lend!