Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio system upgrade: CONFUSED

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 07:32 PM
fishrule85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio system upgrade: CONFUSED

Hey guys,

I am now ordering a Airtronics MX-3 radio with a servo and reciever.

I am also going to order a HPI Hump Battery Pack: Part number, 2012

Charger: Airtronics Dual Charger 110V 75mAh Z , part number, 95033Z

Reciever: Airtronics 3-Channel FM Super Micro Receiver M8 27MHz , part number, 92837Z

Will this combo work? Will my HPI battery pack be able to charge on the charger? Will the charged battery then properly connect to my airtronics reciever to lend power? I am REALLY confused with all the BEC, J, Z stuff. Thanks for any help.

PS: Will this battery hump go into the stock battery compartment of the Traxxas Tmaxx?
Old 12-14-2003, 10:25 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radio system upgrade: CONFUSED

Ok, let me see if I can help you.

If the HPI battery your talking about is a 7 cell pack for electric cars/trucks, then you will need either a Electronic Speed Control (ESC) with a battery eliminator circuit (BEC) or a mechanical speed control and a BEC. You might want to op for the radio system that comes with the tx, rx, 1 servo and an ESC w/BEC.

The charger you mentioned will not charge the HPI battery but will charge nicad batteries in your transmitter if you use them (750mAH capacity nicads). You will need to get a charger for the HPI battery. These have much higher output that usually charge the HPI (car/truck) battery much faster (usually in 15 to 20 minutes).

Hope this helps.

George
Old 12-15-2003, 02:57 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio system upgrade: CONFUSED

Since the Tmaxx is a nitro truck, you don't have to worry about BEC as that's for electric trucks like the Emaxx. The 5 cell hump pack is what you want in your Tmaxx. Not too sure if the included charger with the MX-3 will charge a 5 cell pack though. Both Horizon and Tower have their own-brand 5 call hump pack and wall charger combo for the Tmaxx, you might want to check it out. Best bet is to ask the shop where you're getting all this from to make sure the HPI pack will fit into the Tmaxx. (are u ordering locally or online, where?)