Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Supreme 7 SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 05:19 PM
mpasket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Supreme 7 SS

Has anyone flown the Hitec Supreme 7 SS rx? I have both Futaba and JR transmitters and i am interested in knowing about the Shift Select feature this rx has.

Thanks--
Old 12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Checklst

Default RE: Hitec Supreme 7 SS

I have over 5 of these receivers and fly them in airplanes that use to be JR,Futaba, and even the old Airtronics with the Z adapters, only thing I can report is I have had no trouble with them at all. I only use Hitec receivers from the days of Narrow band gold sticker and still have Platinum bullet proof AM recivers in good working order. A diagram on the receiver side shows you which way to flip and insert the wire connector for the shift,could not be easer.
Old 12-16-2003, 01:03 PM
mpasket

Default RE: Hitec Supreme 7 SS

Thanks, I think i will go ahead and give it a try.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:02 PM
The PIPE

Default I LOVE those "shifty" Rx-es!

Dear Mpasket:

The PIPE Here once more...and those Hitec model 3800 "shifty" 7-ch. FM receivers even work well with HOMEBUILT transmitters, like my old Ace Silver Seven "knobby" radio you see me using here...first built just over 20 years ago...

...and YES, I am a DEDICATED SINGLE STICK (or knobby) transmitter user!

Right NOW I've got a barely-used knobby MicroStar 8 channel COMPUTER transmitter I got finished building at the end of last summer, and IT's flown my dear old Balsa USA Swizzle Stick 40-now in the hangar after a SOLAR GLARE caused crash back in September (almost NO damage at all...SHOULD be flying again very soon)-just FINE with an Ace RC Ch.40 FM RF deck in it, sending the signal to the Hitec "shifty" Rx in the Swizzler!

With the Ace RC FM Tx deck my "usual" ground range test distance is about 270 feet with just ONE antenna segment up (it's a screw-on type of antenna, and Futaba "ANT-6", or FUTM5050, antennas ARE an EXACT replacement for the Ace Tx'es out there)...and Fred Marks' designs for RF decks, even the recently-discontinued FMA retrofit decks, just have SO much "RF punch" that a LONG ground range check is assured just about every time!

I've had a SECOND MicroStar transmitter encoder board since last summer, ALL assembled and tested, ready to go into another homebuilt knobby radio for my needs, to be built later this winter...and when the old Ace deck from my Silver Seven goes into the second MicroStar knobby, to operate another pair of Hitec "shifty" receivers, I'll be all set to use THAT one as well...and I haven't even mentioned the QUARTET of 50 MHz FMA Quantum-8 FM receivers (got two already, two more to purchase late this winter) to ALSO be used with those two new MicroStar knobby radios of mine!

Those Hitec "shifty" receivers are GREAT (and fit just about EVERY flyin' need out there) ...but I'd bet the new FMA FS5 and FS8 units will be even BETTER!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!