Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP! Is my FM radio already extinct?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 01:01 AM
crxvfr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Is my FM radio already extinct?

Hello all,

...just bought a Futaba FP-7FGH off of ebay. I know its old, but so far as I know, it's a narrowband FM, and still legal(?) . I've searched the WHOLE internet, wrote futaba, and asked my friends. The only thing I've come up with is a few vague references. Futaba did have a pdf manual on it, but other than that, they seem to be in denial that it was ever made. Its not listed in their discontinued products list and all my emails to them have gone unanswered. [&o]

...its a 7 channel made specifically for helicopters & aircraft. It came with a FP-R107N reciever. I got it for a measly $40. It doesn't seem to work but I'm a tenacious idiot and I'd like to think of it as a project instead of a loss. I'd like to know if I can use the newer xmitter modules and recievers with it. Does anybody know about this radio or have I entered the r\c twilight zone.

Sincerely,
crxvfr, the bid monster
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92742.gif
Views:	8
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	83513  
Old 12-19-2003, 01:14 AM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Is my FM radio already extinct?

Sorry, I misread your post. I don't know if you can use newer modules. There is a thread on this forum about using a new module on a 5 ch tx. You might look for it. It wasn't that long ago.

ok, I found the thread I am talking about above. Here it is:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Futa...1345826/tm.htm

George
Old 12-19-2003, 09:10 AM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

None of the old gold transmitters were narrow banded, or were the receivers. You can have the transmitter narrow banded, but the receiver is a throw away. To bring it up to date and new batteries, servos, and receiver you will find it cheaper to buy new. It will also be more reliable.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, on the Futaba FG/K-series of transmitters. units with FM modules comply with the current narrow-band specifications. If the transmitter's otherwise OK, you'll likely only need batteries for it. They are still available.

Your R107N receiver is not a narrow-band unit. Any of the current Futaba FM receivers on the appropriate channel will work with your transmitter.

While Futaba no longer offers support for the FG/K systems, and we no longer have parts specific to them, the independent service centers, such as Radio South, and Kraft Midwest can check your system. If any of case/stick parts are broken, though, repairs may be problematic because of the lack of parts.

Futaba doesn't have any current transmitter modules that are compatible that are compatible with the FG/K series. You can locate good modules through swap shops and places such as the RCU Marketplace.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:28 AM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

The FG transmitters have a fuse inside.That is the first thing to check.