Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr 8103 work with dual servos for elev?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM
srxripper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 8103 work with dual servos for elev?

i just bought the .60 u cand do. the set up calls for dual servos for elev. the problem is i need a transmitter that allows you to adj each servos travel adj on the elev.

i know the futaba 9c will perform this task, but i already own 3 jr receivers and like to keep the same brand, I hoping that the jr 8103 will perfom the dual elev setup

any thoughts would be greatly appr.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:16 PM
grizzly59

Default RE: jr 8103 work with dual servos for elev?

The 8103 will do that!
Old 12-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Checklst

Hear are the directions for duel elev set up on the 8103 that Danny at Jr sent me last year.

Dual Elevator Servo Set-Up

Now we will set up the elevators, so that we will have channels 3 and 7 working together. You will plug the right elevator into channel 3, and the left elevator into channel 7. Press the up key till you get to mix 5 or 6. We will use 5 or 6, as they are including mixes, meaning the elevator trim lever will operate both channels. If you do this mix on any other mix, the elevator trim will not work the second channel. Press the + key and change the first channel until it says elev. Press the channel key over to the second channel. Press the – key to change the second channel to SPOI. Make sure that beside SW: it says ON. If not, press the select key till the arrow points at SW, and press the + key to make this say ON. Press the select key till the arrow points at Rate: and make the percentage 100% by pressing the + key. Then move the elevator stick, and the arrow will move to the 0% in one direction of movement. Make this 100% also with the + key. Now we have the elevator working on both channels, but the aux 2 knob will operate the second channel. To eliminate this, will use another mix. For this mix, I would use mix 3. Press the DN key to get to this mix. Once at the mix, press the + key till it says SPOI for the first channel. Press the channel key so that the second channel is underlined. Press the + key and make the second channel is SPOI. Then press the select key till the arrow points at Rate. Press the – key till it says -100%. Then rotate the aux 2 knob, which is on the top left hand side. Rotate this until the points at the 0%. Press the – key till it says –100% also. This completes the set up of the elevators.

Product Support Technical Manager
[email protected]">prod...rizonhobby.com
www.horizonhobby.com
Old 12-22-2003, 01:08 PM
AMA-69405
My Feedback: (22)

The paragraph that checklst quoted is actually an excerpt from a programming guide that Danny wrote for the 8103. It has a lot of valuable info... I would suggest you download the fairly compact (118kb) .pdf file. I guarantee you'll discover a lot of 8103 capabilities that are not readily apparent by just reading the owner's manual.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/shar...amming-air.pdf

Gary L.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
RC_DESI
My Feedback: (44)

Further, someone at our field also showed me that you can disable the AUX2 pot by setting the ATV for the SPOIL to 0% in both directions instead of using a mix for that. I have done that on a couple of my planes & they seem to work fine.

Maybe someone from Horizon Hobby/JR Tech team can verify this approach.

--Arvind
Old 04-12-2004, 02:14 PM
kaseyk1

When I follow Danny's setup for dual elevators everything works fine except that I can't adjust the travel on the left elev which is on the spoiler channel. I can subtrim them individually but but not the travel. I need to find out how because the travels nned to be tweaked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:29 PM
malcolmm

ORIGINAL: kaseyk1

When I follow Danny's setup for dual elevators everything works fine except that I can't adjust the travel on the left elev which is on the spoiler channel. I can subtrim them individually but but not the travel. I need to find out how because the travels nned to be tweaked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
I've now encountered this problem as well on my U-can-do 60. Is there any way to get set the travel adjustment (ATV) separately for each elevator half? I've used mix 3 to disable AUX2 as outlined in the pdf file. This seems like a significant problem if you can't adjust them separately. In my case it seems like the travel for one of my servos if greater than the other.

Thanks
Malcolm