Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PLL error on 9Z, please help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 12:33 AM
fdo300
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLL error on 9Z, please help !!!

Hi

Yesterday I was testing the servo setup on a friend airplane in my workshop and suddenly my radio started to make a beep beeep beep sound and a "PLL error" appeared on top left corner of the screen, I turn off the radio and turn it on again and the error message + sound was still there. I read the instruction manual and it says that this error message appear when the "synthesized module is removed during operation" and of course I didn't removed when the error appeared.
The only thing I did was change the frequency from 72.830 ( my normal frequency) to 72.190 ( friend Rx) and a few minutes before that the error appeared.
It's possible that because I changed from a high band frequency to a low band the synthesized module could not " adjusted " and produced this error.
Is there any way I can test the Tx to prevent future problems ? (without having to send it to USA for a check, to much $$ )

Regards

Fernando V.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PLL error on 9Z, please help !!!

Sounds like the frequency module has died... Do you have another standard module you can test the TX with? I'll bet it will work fine, of course you need to perfrom a range check as always...
Old 12-23-2003, 01:13 AM
fdo300
My Feedback: (1)

Michael

I will try with another module, I forgot to write on my first post that the error appeared only one time, then I charged the Tx ( was very low when this happened ) and today I keep the Tx on until the pack was gone without a single problem.
could this happened because a low battery voltage ??

Regards

Fernando
Old 12-23-2003, 01:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fernando

I'd say it was possible, however the low voltage alarm should have sounded off prior to this, I would think.

Conatact Futaba Support for a more definitive report.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/service-moved.html
Old 12-23-2003, 01:39 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

I've had my 9ZAPS since they came out in July of 1993. In that time I have received the PLL (Phase Lock Loop) error once also. I pay careful attention to range check with at least one section of antenna out, and never do any bench work without extending the antenna.
That being said, I send it in every couple of years or so for a Lithium and a check up. Every time it comes back there is a transistor or some other electronic component in the bag that was replaced. I guess the synth module is more prone to things like that. Other than that it has been exemplary. Have a good holiday_bob