Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

programming hitech servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 08:47 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default programming hitech servos

I am building the katana 140 and would like to put the Hitech 5925 dig. on the elev. I will use a program mix in my jr 8103 to each elevator halve. Do I have to purchase the hitech programmer in order to use the Hitech servos or will the radio mix be able to take care of centering and end point settings
thanks and happy holidays
zonk
Old 12-25-2003, 09:19 AM
bentgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: programming hitech servos

zonk, You can get by without the programmer if you want too. It is nice to have if you have a lot of HiTec digital servos, you are ganging several servos on one surface, or you are going for absolute maximum deflection of the servo.

If you do not have the programmer get the servo arms set on both servos as close as you can to 90 degrees of the case by trying different arms. Then use subtrim to set them exactly. Make sure your control horns are mounted the same and the linkage is cut the same. When you do your mix you may wind up with something other than 100% - 100% on each servo channel to get them to match at the end points and you most likely will not be able to drive them at 150% total throw.

Ed M.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:25 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info
zonk
Old 12-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you have to do is be nice and talk for a bit with any hobby shop owner or counter person and they're more than likley going to let you use their programmer for a minute if all you need to do is set a couple of settings up on a few servo's. Save's having to buy one if you don't want to do anything exotic.