Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9ZAP WCII not working. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 06:10 PM
brc007
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 9ZAP WCII not working. HELP!

I have a Futaba 9ZAP WCII . When I pull up elevator just before the stick gets to the bottom the radio reverses to almost full down elevator ! When I push to full down elevator it doesn't give full down. I recently bought this radio used. The person I bought it from (Jim AKA KingAirJockey) had bought 2 9ZAP WCII’s used from someone else (see this thread). I was going to buy one from him but he tested it and found out that they both were doing the same thing they are doing to me now (See this thread for Jim's post on this problem). So he sent them both in to Futaba to have them fixed. Futaba said that the pots were bad and that they would replace them. The radios were sent back to Jim and he sent one to me. I have tried just about everything and can't get it to work right . I am using a clean model memory. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks,,
Old 05-19-2002, 09:20 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9ZAP WCII not working. HELP!

Brian,
the pots require replacement and then the radios must be recalibrated. It sounds like the techs may not have recalibrated your radios. OR the radio took another hard hit to the sticks since we serviced it, which is what causes that type of 'slipping' and erratic behavior.

if we just serviced these for mark, please get a copy of the invoice from mark and send the radios back to us iwth that invoice and an explanation that hte radios are to be returned TO YOU as well as a copy of this thread. assuming the problem is related to the prior service, we will resolve it for you promptly, no charge.