Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receivers High and Low

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:49 PM
clemrick
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receivers High and Low

Can someone tell me if there is a difference in high and low band receivers and if so what is that difference? I have never changed crystals in a receiver and didn't know there was a difference. Also what are the high and low ch. ?
Thanks,
C
lemrick
Old 12-30-2003, 07:08 PM
imavmax

Default RE: Receivers High and Low

good guestion
some of my jr receivers are marked high & some low & some not at all. i have never mixed them but i did try 1 that was ham band on ch 46 & it was DISASTER! the servos would jitter their full travel & range was only 6 feet.
jerry
Old 12-30-2003, 08:02 PM
rctrax

Hi band is from 10 to 35 and is 35 to 60
It is just according to how they are tuned when assembled in the middle of the band of either hi or lo band so as to have the minimum amount devieation from one ch to another within the same band
Old 12-31-2003, 09:32 AM
AMA-69405
My Feedback: (22)

I believe Futaba receivers are currently delivered as "high band" and "low band". JR receivers were, at one time, marked as well; but JR started "center tuning" all receivers (to channel 36, I believe) some years ago. Current JR receivers (and some other brands) can now be channel swapped anywhere within the 72 MHz band if they are not marked "high" or "low".

In any case, as rctrax has stated, in the case of 72 MHz receivers that are "banded", it is not recommended to swap channels from one band to the other. In other words, don't take a "high band" receiver, originally on channel 50, and stick a "low band" channel 15 crystal in it. Loss of effective range is the result. I'm no expert, but I believe any receiver can be re-tuned to any channel by a qualified repair facility... provided you stay within the originally designed frequency range. You can't retune a 50 MHz HAM band receiver to work properly on 72 MHz, for instance.

Gary L.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:41 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Hey Jerry, trying to make a ham band (50mhz)a ch 46 simply by putting a crystal in it is about the most impossible thing to do. It would probably be easier to blend oil and water