Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need to know what to pick up or order..

Old 12-30-2003, 07:20 PM
dav536
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know what to pick up or order..

Please help as I would like to get up in the air sooner rather than later.

ThankI have the futaba 8ch trans and a futaba flight pack but I need to pick up a crystal and now need to know what one to get. Do I need to get the set of crystals? or just the one for the rec. My controller has a ch 15 sticker on back so I should get the low freq crystal, right??
Please help as I would like to get up in the air sooner rather than later.

Thanks to all,
Dave D.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:55 PM
rctrax

Default RE: Need to know what to pick up or order..

I expect you are pretty much stuck with gh 15 since you can't change the tx crystal without sending it in for tuning. Besides it's illeagle to modify the tx unless you are a licenced technition. I would just send to Radical RC and get a channel 15 for your rx . You can change these yourself as long as you stay on the same range[low band, high band, etc.]
Old 12-31-2003, 12:06 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Call Tower and order the RX crystal make sure the RX is singel or dual converion and order the right one
Old 01-01-2004, 02:02 PM
dav536
My Feedback: (4)

I was looking at the reciver again and noticed that the sticker on the side next to the slot for the crystal says 18 72.150 and my controller says 15 72.090 is this a problem? or will it work as I got as xmas pres and will have to trade it in if wont work.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Lynx

There should be a sticker attached to the crystal itself, that's the important one. They have to match on TX and RX or it won't work. RX crystals are relativly cheap and easy to get new ones at a local hobby store (online ordering will just take too long) Just keep in mind the further away from the channel the RX is tuned for the lower the signal quality will be. So if your RX is marked for a specific frequency on the housing itself that may be the frequency it's tuned for. But again, the crystal is the important part. Replacing the crystal will fix your problem if it's the wrong one.