Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help repairing Airtronics servo wire

Old 05-20-2002, 10:12 PM
jerryj39
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help repairing Airtronics servo wire

I severed the servo wire on a Airtronics 94102 in a crash. It was cut about 2 inches from the servo. I was going to remove the 2 inch piece and resolder the wire's to the board. When I took it apart the circuit board appears to be glued in. I did'nt want to force it open because I was afraid I would screw it up. Should I open it up or just splice the wires? Anyone know about this procedure? The servo still works OK when I twist the wires togeather.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:00 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help repairing Airtronics servo wire

I would just solder an extention onto the remaining wire . Those small wires are hard to solder . I tried it and ened up throwing the servo in the trash. Use very fine heat shrink tubing and save the servo.