Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New JR 9x VS 10x. Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 02:07 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR 9x VS 10x. Which is better?

I desperately need another radio! Right now I have to use my 662 on my big Edge. Barely enough radio for so much airplane. I am looking at the new JR 9x and the 10x. I fly airplanes and helis, and It would be nice to have one that does both. I do know that the 10x is either heli or airplane, but I would not really mind because I have a radio that works just fine for the heli. I would like to know which is a better value as far as features and ease of programming. Also, I would like to know both radio's specifications and features.
Thanks!

3D-kid330
Old 01-05-2004, 12:24 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default RE: New JR 9x VS 10x. Which is better?

I was partway through witing a summary of the 9X manual when I hit the 'BACK' button by accident. Poof! all gone.

Read it yourself. http://www.rotorheads.co.uk/Downloads/9X%20Manual2.pdf

Horizon is reportedly working on adding extra features to the HELI and GLID modes before releasing this radio in the US. It doesn't sound like they plan on adding much to the ACRO featureset.

The DataSafe software won't work with it. At least not yet.

You'll also have some issues with support. A link to the existing english manual is supplied above. There is, of course, an official manual from JR which is perfectly usable - if you can read Japanese. Should the TX require service you'll have to send it back to the seller from whence it came, as Horizon won't handle any warranty issues.

Quite honestly - I don't see any features that would cause me to recommend this radio over an 8103.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:59 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New JR 9x VS 10x. Which is better?

Thanks for the manual! I am currently downloading it. The Japanese manual and text would of course do me no good, although I have seen one person selling one supposedly in the English version here on RCU. I am probably going to the AMA convention next week and I hope I can decide which is best between the 10x and the 9x.

3D-kid330