Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rx Question !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:45 PM
DragonHeart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx Question !!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Can anyone answer this for me i normally use a Futaba R147F RX in my planes which is a 7 Channel Rx which in the uk retails around £55.00 but i went to the local LHS and they were out and recommened i got the GWS (GWR-8m) 8 Channel RX wich is Less than half the price at £23.00 they said it is just as good and will work perfectally with my Futaba 6EXA aslong as i use Futaba Crystals......

Can someone just confirm this for me, as if it works its a bit annoying no one told me this before as ive brought 7 R147F's now lol

Thx in adavnce for any replys.........
Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rx Question !!!!!!!!!

I am sure that the GWS receiver will work well with your Futaba radio, and I guess the "shift" direction is not a problem in the UK... However, the statement about using a Futaba crystal in the GWS receiver seems wrong. It has always been my understanding that you should not mix receivers and crystals from different manufacturers. Then again -- this might just be a US thing like the +/- shift issue... Does you LHS carry a GWS crystal for those receivers?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:26 PM
DragonHeart

Thx 4 the replys guys...

The crystal thing was wondering me 2, ive tried the Futaba one in thier and seems to work fine......... but after reading your replys i looked it up on thier site and it states.......

Specifications: -
GWS
Micro 8ch Receivers
-

Incredible performance, amazing miniature size and unbelievable value for money. Incredibly tight tolerances, fantastic range, unbeatable inter-ference rejection - no wonder GWS are taking the R/C world by storm! The standard FM receivers are compatible with all your old Futaba-style crystals too.

[X(]
Old 01-06-2004, 05:52 PM
KINGX

If the 8 channel GWS is a micro design then it is also probably a "single-convertion" receiver which means that it is more prone to intereference as it filters transmitter signals ONLY once.Furthermore, it will have a max range (at best) of 500feet , good for indoor and park fyers but unsafe for everything else. The 7 channel Futaba Rx you are using is very reliable, has DUAL convertion and a max range of 1500 feet. I use Futaba gear with my 6EXA at all circumstances.IF the 7 channel Rx is expensive get one with fewer channels, AND DO NOT mess with the crystals or you could end up with a run away model.....indeed.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:02 PM
KINGX

Also, if you really must have a substitute for Futaba Rxs then you definately have to try the receivers made by JETI. They are very well built and robust and they cost less than Futaba.Since you live in the Uk it will be easy to find a JETI receiver to suit your needs. You can buy them on-line from several good Uk model shops.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

If the futaba receiver is a dual conversion receiver and that crystal works in the GWS receiver, then I would assume that the GWS receiver is a dual conversion reciever. I would use it with no problems assuming again that the range check was good.