Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec/JR compatibility

Old 01-16-2004, 12:16 PM
youdoo
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec/JR compatibility

Servos in my new Hitec Spectra all jump lock to lock when receiver is turned on while transmitter is off. I've had radios catch spurious signals while the transmitter was off but never seen them go absolutley bonkers like this one does. Is that normal with Spectra 7?
Flew my new plane twice with this radio. Half a dozen glitches each flight. Scared hell out of me. Decided to try a JR FM receiver I've had for some time. Changed the Spectra module to the receiver frequency, changed the frequency shift to "P". No response at all when I hook up the receiver. I don't understand what's going on and would appreciate any help.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:42 PM
youdoo

Default RE: Hitec/JR compatibility

I forgot to mention: Servos are 5625 digital. Seems like I've seen in some posts they are more suseptical to interference than analog.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:45 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONFUSED???

What is a Hitec Spectra 7? I thought maybe Hitec threw a new RX into the mix while I was sleeping. I checked their site and could find nothing that remotely is called a Spectra 7.

Now, Hitec does have a TX that has an optional Spectra Module. A TX has no impact on an airplane unless it is turned on. If you really are talking about the Hitec Eclipse 7 with the Spetrum module then my answer to your questions are:

1) It is normal for a RX flight pack to have servos move in a random fashion when no TX signal is present. You have no control. Now if you have problems with the TX turned on then you may have a TX problem, a servo problem, or an RX problem.

2) The fact that you cannot control a JR RM RX tells me you may have a problem with your TX or your Spectrum module. A further hint is you saying that, even with the Hitec RX (I'm assuming the 1st RX is Hitec), you had glitch problems.

Check with the Hitec Manufacturer Forum. Mike will probably recommend you return the system to Hitec for repair/checkout.

Before you do anything, I would recommend you correctly express your problem.

Didn't see you 2nd post until after I finished the above.

Servos, whether they be digitals or analogs, are not directly effected by radio interference. Digital servos have benn reported to be more sensitive to extra-long servo extentions and may show intermittent problems. Sometimes all you need to do is just twist the servo wires. Specifically, the previous problems with the Hitec digitals have not been of the intermittent nature. When they failed they failed fully. I had one HS-5625 fully deflect in one direction and hold -- most of the posts I've read describe the failure the same way. My guess is that you still have a TX problem.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:22 PM
youdoo

Oops. I should have said Hitec Eclipse 7 radio with Spectra module.