Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Overcoming "Infant Mortality".......

Old 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
ezflyr
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overcoming "Infant Mortality".......

Hi,

I'm going to be flying my first gas powered giant scale airplane this spring. All of the radio gear is new (Futaba PCM receiver, assorted Hitec and JR digital servos, dual 1650 NiMH batteries and switches), and I was wondering how others deal with the issue of "Infant Mortality" (ie. the high occurrence of failure of new electronics) in their radio systems, particularly in high value airplanes?? Do you use the gear in another plane first, or use some other means to ensure that you've gone beyond the time at which the "early failures" occur?? Or doesn't anyone worry about this??

Thank,

John
Old 01-18-2004, 07:06 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Overcoming "Infant Mortality".......

John,
I think most people don't worry about it; however, many I know DO, and they do exactly waht you said -- test fly the equipment in a lower end model first. Make sure everything operates fine for a good 20 flights or so, and then move it on to the high end bird for which it was purchased.