Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Radio batteries?/symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 09:15 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Radio batteries?/symptoms

I just finished flying with a JR XP 783 A.We were discussing the lithium battery in radios and that they need changing after 5 years.Mine had not been done in 6 years.After my flight I turned the radio on ,only to see a scrambled display,and then the power cut out.A few minutes later I turned on again,and the same thing happened.Did my memory battery give up,or did the tx battery quit?The radio did get some sprinkles of rain on it,but it was not enough to trickle inside and cause propblems(I hope)
Old 01-24-2004, 03:15 PM
JonL

Default RE: JR Radio batteries?/symptoms

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

I just finished flying with a JR XP 783 A.We were discussing the lithium battery in radios and that they need changing after 5 years.Mine had not been done in 6 years.After my flight I turned the radio on ,only to see a scrambled display,and then the power cut out.A few minutes later I turned on again,and the same thing happened.Did my memory battery give up,or did the tx battery quit?The radio did get some sprinkles of rain on it,but it was not enough to trickle inside and cause propblems(I hope)

It would appear your tx battery quit, though you should of had a warning either a brief "Err backup" message or a "continous longbleep". I too have had similar today but the "Err Backup" message is so brief it's easily missed. Question now is how to replace and exactly where inside the TX is it located?????
Old 01-24-2004, 04:52 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default RE: JR Radio batteries?/symptoms

The damage seems much more severe than that. Water probably shorted out something in the radio or you have a reverse polarity damage situation. Whatever the case, you ought to send it into Horizon to get it looked at. Scrambled LCD display is a symptom of CPU issues, not low memory battery. The 3V lithium memory probably does need to be changed, but this is the least of your worries. These RC airplane transmitters are not water proof.