Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:30 AM
dany_maia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9ZAP

Hello.
I can get a good deal with a 9ZAP used, but it is the pre WC2 version. Are there so many differences between the two, or is it still a good radio?
How does it compares with the 9CA?

Thanks a lot:
Daniel Maia
Old 01-23-2004, 09:46 AM
BobPhx

Default RE: 9ZAP

As I recall the main difference is that the WC2 went to more 3-position switches, fancy blue aluminum ends on the sticks, and a WC2 label. Futaba's website has all the details on both of your questions.

Bob
Old 01-23-2004, 10:24 AM
dany_maia

Hi.
Thanks, but I would like to know your opinion if it is still a good radio!

Best regards:
Daniel Maia
Old 01-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: dany_maia

Hi.
Thanks, but I would like to know your opinion if it is still a good radio!

Best regards:
Daniel Maia
The original 9Z is of course a very good radio. Just keep in mind that the WC2 came about as a result of lot's of user feedback (and complaints?) after the 9Z had been out a while.
So if you got a really good price on the old 9Z, you'll have a good time with it, but you may also come across the shortcomings that were improved with the WC2.

On the other hand, you should also keep in mind that the 9Z is a "high end" radio, and the original radio's shortcomings were discovered mostly by the kind of guys who were willing to pay a grand+ for a radio which also means that those are the "pros" who attempt to set up things that most of us mortals may not have a lot of need for.
If you are a typical modeller like the rest of us, you MAY not notice any of the things that were ultimately changed on the WC2, so if you got it for a good price, then have at it.

Highflight
Old 01-23-2004, 02:29 PM
ButterflyWingsA330

dany_maia,
How old is it? How much?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:59 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

I've used a 9ZAP WC1 for about four years now. If this is the radio you are looking at, it is still a very ggod radio in my opinion. The main functional diff between the WC1 and WC2 are switches and frame rates. The WC2 replaced most (all?) of the two position switches with three position switches. The WC1 does however have several three position swithches. The WC2 also has an increased PCM frame rate that is better suited to digital servos. But a WC1 works fine with digital servos, nearly every servo I own is either a Futaba or JR digital. As for other ZAP featues like conditions, mixes, switch assignability, etc., the WC1 and WC2 are basically identical. As for the 9ZAP vs a C, every ZAP, even the older ones, blow away all of the 9Cs.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:23 AM
dany_maia

Thanks everyone.

I really appreciated your help.

Daniel Maia