Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Long Wires Other Than Servos a Concern??

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 04:28 PM
mulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Wires Other Than Servos a Concern??

Simple question...

If you have long wire for, say a lighting system, that is not connected to your receiver, can you have RF problems with the wire acting as an antenna and then passing that RF interference to the receiver perhaps due to proximity?

I'm not asking because of a problem I've had. I am building a giant plane, and I plan on de-coupling servos/ignition/receivers with fiber optics, but I'd like to make sure nothing else will cause me the same issue.

Thanks,
George
Old 05-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Long Wires Other Than Servos a Concern??

No, surrounding wire will not receive and retransmit any problems to your receiver. It could mask out the signal though that is unlikely. It will make your reciever slightly sensitive to orientation to the transmitted signal and there could be one or more positions that would seriously weaken the signal that the receiver sees. This is highly unlikely however but some distance checks at all atitudes would be wise. If the extra wire is exactly in line with and at exactly the right wave length with the receiver antenna, you can get either loss or gain in received strength but the chances of getting that setup within your plane is most unlikely.